Thread: Air Service Out of Happy Valley

Default Air Service Out of Happy Valley

Here is the deal, two weeks until I leave for alaska to hunt caribou... The person I am suppose to fly with and have used before no longer has access to a plane so I am trying to salvage a trip... I was planning on flying out of Happy Valley, but now would be interested in anything or any option out there...Any ideas??? Or is there any air taxi out of Deadhorse,??? Coyote Air said they were full...

Hey were you flying with Alaska Bush Sports? Just curious.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Yes..........

Sent you a PM
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Ralph at Deltana

These guys usually take a limnited number out of Happy Valley for unguided drops.

I don't like that guy, he is a jerk. Runs a wish washy buisness too.

I have called Deltana several times no answer.... I was told last year they were only doing guided caribou hunts no drop offs by Ralaph

Default alaska flyers

ok, well ralph is probably booked. i won't comment on whether he's a jerk or not. I didn't think he was when I met him. anyways, there used to be a guy out of kaktovik, named walt audi, who would do it. He might meet you in Deadhorse.

Alaska Flyers Air Charter Service P.O. Box 67 Kaktovik, AK 99747 (907) 640-6324 (907) 640-6218 fax

Also, if you're not married to Prudhoe Bay, Wright Air out of Fairbanks could out on some caribou on the South Slope, more toward the Sheenjek. A longer flight, but the folks at Wright's are usually good, in my book.

Default Also booked with Mike

I am concerned as to what happened with Mike also. I am scheduled to fly with Mike later this month. Someone posted that Mike loast access to a plane. I thought Mike owned his own plane. Does anyone have the whole story as to what is happening? Is the plane down for maintenance, crash, or something else? Thanks

Default Join the club

We are in the same boat. I had been trying to contacty mike for awhile, finally talked to Mike 2 weeks ago and he said he had aircraft probems but everything should be fine by Aug 9th. Then two nights ago he calls and says he wants us to fly out of Deadhorse and will be getting someone else to fly us in. He is no longer flying so he has farmed out his clients. Then he tells me the price will double because flying out of Deadhorse is farther. He has not come clean abot whats going on. We to are looking for someone else. Walt of Alaska fliers is booked and said he maybe able to fit us in but not for a few days. Walt was alot more mony to boot.

Default PM

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    I don't like that guy, he is a jerk. Runs a wish washy buisness too.
    Sent you a PM looking for info

Default AF

Quote Originally Posted by AFHunter View Post
    I am concerned as to what happened with Mike also. I am scheduled to fly with Mike later this month. Someone posted that Mike loast access to a plane. I thought Mike owned his own plane. Does anyone have the whole story as to what is happening? Is the plane down for maintenance, crash, or something else? Thanks
    Have you been in cantact with Mike? what has he told you if anything

I talked to Mike about 30 minutes ago. Mike is trying to get all of his clients where they want to go. I am not panicking at this point, but I am going to start more planning of plan B and C.

Default ABS

Id like to know what happened between Mike and Alaska Bush Sports. Hard to believe an outfit a big as that would have a problem getting another plane to operate out of HV Did he mention the price difference between what you agreed upon and what it will cost you now?

I have also talked with Mike today and he assured me all is fine, I am going trust him and see what happens...

Default ABS

Told us it was going to be more $$ and have to drive to Dead horse as well?
    And we will be sharing a beaver.

Default Beaver

Has he told you that the Beaver is down? we are to fly Sat and no plane