Thread: Where are the fish this weekend?

Default Where are the fish this weekend?

Last minute trip to Alaska (from Texas). Flying into ANC Friday 8/8 renting car and have three days to fish.
    Would like to catch Halibut and Salmon.
    Not sure whether to go to Homer, Seward or some other place I have not heard of yet.
    Any good advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

For the short time your gonna be here Homer or Seward are your best bets. Seward silver fishing has been slow inside the bay but my wife limited out on them outside the bay last saturday. As far as butts they caught a couple of ping pong paddles after they got thier silvers, If you want butts Id say homer. Seward you can get them but your best bet for a hog is homer. Your gonna need a charter either way. From a previous thread here I think the fishing for silvers on the shore is way slow in seward. The other thing is out of seward you have a chance at some rock fish and lings too. Just my .02 worth
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Thanks for advice.
    Leaning toward Homer.
    I hear they have some Silvers around there too.

I'd go Homer. Dogfish can be really bad out of Seward this time of year, but same goes for Homer. Homer can have alot of weather, but also alot fish
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

You can fish for silvers in the Homer Lagoon, but the "no snagging" sign was up last weekend. These fish have been flogged so much that schools of them were turning away from lures and lines last weekend to avoid them. They were really spooked. I only saw one or two legitimate hook up while I was there, but I only fished for a couple of hours in the early afternoon.

Default spit

The silvers in the dudiak spit were scared little buggers last sunday morning from what I saw.......

shoot me an email Jim at rjmoseman@aol.com - this site is one of the links that I was going to send you. also check out

http://www.alaskaoutdoorjournal.com/...s/reports.html

There are lots of options for you....there will be silvers in the Kenai pretty good, the lower penn rivers will have silvers - clamming is fun, but dirty.....and Work.

I have a couple extra sets of waders, but probably not 4...maybe depending on people sizes I do have 4 and might be able to borrow a set or two of hippers from my uncle.

there are B&B's if you don't want to camp...

If you want to save some budget you can hit the parks streams on foot - or take a guide up the sue to the deshka willow little willow....

randy