Thread: Bear alert - be careful out there

Default Bear alert - be careful out there

Had a run in with a black bear last night at Sheep Creek Slough. We passed each other with about fifty feet to spare. Managed to catch a couple of nice silvers. Have fun fishing out there but be careful. Also saw a red fox up at the campground area. Wish I had brought the camera with me.

P.S. it is black bear season.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Short non-hijacked version: Bear was still present Wednesday...

Longer hijacked version: Took the wife, kids, and visiting grandparents to Sheep this afternoon to wet a line. I had originally gone to Caswell ahead of time to scout out the area, but a couple of vulgar, obnoxious fishermen with a few too many bottles under their belts (and more in the hand) made me reconsider bringing my kids down there. So I headed the family off at the pass and we all went to Sheep instead.

Fished by ourselves for a while by the fallen tree and soon was joined by a very nice gentleman (if you're here, you rank high on my list of good guys) who asked to fish next to us because he just stumbled upon a fresh pile of very odiferous bear $^!## behind the bushes just down from us. So the bear is still hanging around... We were there for several hours and saw nothing else of this bruin.

By the way, this gentleman was the polar opposite of the dudes at Caswell. When a couple other fisherman came over to fish where we were and began to run the mouth a bit he was the first to quietly remind them that there were kids present and they should be courteous... He did it quietly and unobtrusively. I barely heard him. But I was pleased. Right on, man. Hope you caught lots of fish.

By the way, my 6 year old son caught a sweet silver on his second cast while the rest of us were still getting ready... Way cool!

Cheers,
    Palmer, Alaska
    "There are some things money can buy. For everything else, there's ALASKA!"

Speaking of "hijack"...sorry in advance

This thread reminded me of a man vs bear fight on the river video I saw the other day for the first time.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...47009315039035

Then ya might as well see this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n4xX...eature=related

Again, sorry for the hijack...

Default Sunshine Ceek

We saw a Brown Bear hanging out this last weekend at Sunshine Creek. The bear was very curious and seemed not to afraid to get close to the people fishing at the confluence. The bear swam across the creek from the east side all 3 days we were there fishing.

Just thought anyone going there this weekend should know.

TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Default Watching for bears

Tis true, I almost walked up on a sow and cub in Hope. My car was parked by the road into old Hope and the bear was 15 ft away and I never knew until she clicked her teeth together and the cub hissed. It was late at night and thankfully she warned me before trying to eat me. Be careful everywhere you go.