Thread: Campbell Creek open

Default Campbell Creek open

Anyone been to the most recent Campbell opening area? Hung around the Artic and Dimond area last Saturday morning...NOTHING...went to ship creek instead to catch the slack-tide. Would love to hit up the Dowling/Old Sew area, but don't want to waste the gas to fish an empty creek.

Default Off the AOJ Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogslice View Post
    Anyone been to the most recent Campbell opening area? Hung around the Artic and Dimond area last Saturday morning...NOTHING...went to ship creek instead to catch the slack-tide. Would love to hit up the Dowling/Old Sew area, but don't want to waste the gas to fish an empty creek.
    ANGLER: ME2AKTRIP DATE: 8/5REGION: AnchorageWATER: Campbell CreekSPECIES: Silver Salmon
    REPORT: Had a great morning at Campbell Creek this morning. Headed down to the fishing platform at Dimond at 5:00 and fished for about 1/2 hour. Six other people fishing and not one strike. Decided to try another favorite spot at 5:30. First cast and bang, caught a silver. Next cast hooked onto another and broke my leader (not enough drag for light gear). A few casts later and landed another. Rebaited with some more eggs and within 10 minutes hooked another. Tried to horse it out but snapped the leader (should have remembered the light gear). Headed out to work at 6:30 with two in tow. Silvers are in the Creek. Nice to have the extra length of the creek open as of today....Fish on!!!!

[AOJ: For those that may not know, since Campbell Creek is a stocked coho fishery, it has a 3 coho per day bag limit just like Ship and Bird creeks. ]

I fished about 2 hours today working my way downstream of The Peanut Farm. Still quite a few kings but I did not see any silvers. I hooked 1 pink and several small smolt that chased the Vibrex.

Default Was there today from 5-7..

and I have nothing to report other than some ragged out kings too. Wasn't even lucky enough to hook into a pink

I'm going to give the valley a shot this weekend...I need to catch SOMETHING before I can bring myself to try campbell again.