Thread: Need bush pilot suggestion for ANWR float trips..

Default Need bush pilot suggestion for ANWR float trips..

I want to float some rivers in Gates of Arctic and ANWR. Who should I contact for bush flights. I heard that the Kongakut River and other ANWR trips are from Actic Village and end in another village, Kaktovik?. Does Frontier have regular service to/from these villages? And in Arctic Village, could someone tell me of a bush pilot to take us out. And who would pick us up and take us to Kaktovik at the end of the trip? Any info appreciated.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I fly for alaska air taxi in Deadhorse. Frontier has service to Kaktovik everyday. Walt Audie is a good contact in Barter island"kaktovik". The air taxi that he uses is nomore. We have been picking up the slack for him.
    We could drop you off. We have a Beaver ($900hr) Cessna 206 ($700hr).call us for details.

Frontier flies from Fairbanks to Kaktovik on a daily basis. Wright's Air Service flies from Fairbanks to Arctic Village twice a day M-F and daily on the weekends. They also operate Helios which could get you out of Arctic Village. Phone 474-0502

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    I want to float some rivers in Gates of Arctic and ANWR. Who should I contact for bush flights. I heard that the Kongakut River and other ANWR trips are from Actic Village and end in another village, Kaktovik?. Does Frontier have regular service to/from these villages? And in Arctic Village, could someone tell me of a bush pilot to take us out. And who would pick us up and take us to Kaktovik at the end of the trip? Any info appreciated.

What time of the year?

I think you may want to avoid going through Arctic village if you can.

Default June..

Third week of June next year most likely. What is the drawback of Arctic Village? I am not familiar with that part of the state. Most my time has been in NW Alaska. Anything I should know? Thanks.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Authorized air services for A.N.W.R.

http://arctic.fws.gov/airtaxi.htm

Default Thanks...

Thanks for the link Doug.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Third week of June next year most likely. What is the drawback of Arctic Village? I am not familiar with that part of the state. Most my time has been in NW Alaska. Anything I should know? Thanks.
    Arctic Village is generally okay unless you are obviously a hunter. Locals in AV sometimes take a strong disliking to camo clad individuals who show up at the airstrip waiting for their ride out into the woods. If you're looking at the central Brooks and Gates I would go with Coyote or Brooks Range Aviation.