Thread: Leupold VX-I

Default Leupold VX-I

Does anyone have any expierence with the VX-I? I was thinking of getting this scope. The primary use of this gun will be black bear hunting. I am looking for a cheaper scope and hoping this one will work. Thanks

For a cost effective scope you cant go wrong. I've had a vxI 3x9 on the wifes 30-06 for quite a few years and still working wonderfully. I took my spring blackie with her set-up. Go for it.

for that price range look at the bushnell elite 3200 series....rainguard truely is all it is cracked up to be.

They're good scopes for the money, the only downside is they don't have 1/4 MOA click adjustment. Not near as bright as a VX-III, but still a pretty good scope. Do yourself a favor and get one with the Long Range Duplex, which is only another 20 bucks at Cabela's.

Default VX-I

They are a great scope for what you are looking for. Really, it's hard to tell the difference in the glass between I and II. Friction dial instead of click, but who cares once it's sighted in for short range bear.

I wouldn't go with the LR Reticle, unless you don't mind a parrallax adjusted to 175 yards. I put one on a muzzelloader and the slight blurriness bothers me at 100 yards and less.

Just my 2 cents.....................Al

Most Leupold Scopes are adjusted at the factory to be parallax free at 150 yds. The exceptions are rimfire scopes (60 yds), shotgun/muzzleloader scopes (75 yds), and handgun scopes (100 yds). It doesn't matter if you you have the LR duplex or not, or if you have a VX-I, II, or III, they are all adjusted the same. If you don't believe me, read "Understanding Parallax", on pg. 24 of the Leupold Riflescope Owner's Handbook. Parallax doesn't have anything to do with a scope or the reticle being blurry, as this is easily adjusted by focusing the ocular lens. Hope this helps.