Thread: 20A Moose Caribou

Default 20A Moose Caribou

What's the moose hunting like in 20A? My friend drew the dc827 tag and I was going to go with him to help out. And, look for a big moose. We would fly in, any recommendations as far as air taxis or drop off locations for moose and caribou up there? Thanks.

You haven't booked an air charter yet? Might be to late by now but give Wrights Air service a call and see what they can do for you.

Bobblehead let me Know what you find out from Wrights. Good luck

Access to parts of 20A recently got a little harder. I know of at least 4 airstrips in the area that sustained severe damage from the recent flooding.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Default Whats strips?

What strips were damaged?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

20 A is still SOPPING WET... heally creek is the worst it's been in years. and until the Tanana shallows out the totat. and the tatlinka's wont be crossable either. the Nenana is still class 5 through the canyon, we are still headed out on the 10 to see if we can fill my daughters bou tag but i am not expecting much the first trip,

Default Good luck

Good luck Vince. I have the same tag, let me know how you do and what the area looks like flood wise. May your daughter shoot straight and the creeks be less full

Does that area have the potential for trophy bull moose? Are you able to find caribou in the same areas as the caribou?

I meant...are you able to find caribou in the same areas as the moose at the same time of the year, like during moose season?

I beleive the caribou are at a higher elevation but you could find moose and caribou reasonably close. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by traphuntfish View Post
    What strips were damaged?
    I know of one on the Wood River and 3 in the Dry Creek area. It's probably safe to assume that any strip located adjacent to the rivers/creeks could have problems.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)