Thread: Soft Floor Option in my Power Traveler

Talking Soft Floor Option in my Power Traveler

Just got an '06 Aire Power Travler from the Boise Factory!!! Man am I stoked! Talked with Tracey at AK raft and Kayak-- Looks like I got the original set up with frame with spray guard, boat, and small bench seat up front.

I'd like to add a soft floor to the inside to protect my investment for years to come-- Kids with hooks, blah blah. What I can tell, my lower bars are about 25" apart, and I haven't seen a nice trampoline floor that is narrow enough.

Because I have an inflatable floor, I'm mostly worried about abrasion. I had a thought today about using the spray skirt as a pattern and cutting a large piece of floor material PVC and having webbing and fastek buckles sewn on.

Has anyone else tried this? I found Noah's Fabric Solutions in Anchorage. Any other seamsters people have used?

Thanks.

Default Power Traveler floor

Quote Originally Posted by Colby Jack View Post
    Just got an '06 Aire Power Travler from the Boise Factory!!! Man am I stoked! Talked with Tracey at AK raft and Kayak-- Looks like I got the original set up with frame with spray guard, boat, and small bench seat up front.

I'd like to add a soft floor to the inside to protect my investment for years to come-- Kids with hooks, blah blah. What I can tell, my lower bars are about 25" apart, and I haven't seen a nice trampoline floor that is narrow enough.

Because I have an inflatable floor, I'm mostly worried about abrasion. I had a thought today about using the spray skirt as a pattern and cutting a large piece of floor material PVC and having webbing and fastek buckles sewn on.

Has anyone else tried this? I found Noah's Fabric Solutions in Anchorage. Any other seamsters people have used?

Thanks.
    Hello Jack,

Congrats on the Power Traveler! That's a very nice boat and you're gonna be very happy with it.

This is an interesting question that I have not seen before; a liner on the inside. I think the hardest part will be getting it to stay put. Then I am pretty sure grit will work its way between the floor and the liner, which may defeat the purpose. If it were my boat, I would just run it as-is. Yes, it will become scuffed up over time, but that's the way of all things...

If you are set on this, you could consider a fabric liner held in place with velcro? Glue the nappy part of the velcro onto your tubes, just above the floor height, and sew the hook part on the liner (the liner should be cut in a bathtub style, so it goes an inch or two above the floor). This should do the trick, and make removing the floor a cinch.

Good luck!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay