Thread: campbell creek poachers

Default campbell creek poachers

Was walking the dog along the creek upstream of Lake Otis and saw 3-4 guys with a dozen of their transient buddies watch them snag a very blush king. All their buddies cheered. Took some doing but finlly got the number to call the troopers. Gonna start walking the dog down there more often.
    Last edited by boejali; 08-04-2008 at 20:45. Reason: sp

Good for you.

It would be nice if more people would catch poachers.

There are plenty of poachers who like to catch limit after limit of red or silvers that noone tells on.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default >>>------->

Hopefully the Troopers will respond.Seems APD is too nervous to go back there.

I enjoy seeing the fish in the creek when I walk the dog. From what i gather its still a wild fishery and needs the protection. My dogs 14 now so not the ***** eater he was when I use to work him otherwise i would have walked up on them like i had an S on my chest. From the signs I saw today starts legal silver fishing down there so it'll probably get worse.

Default all summer long

I have not called the troopers this year. People still snagging but not like last year. There is only one trooper that works anchorage, eagle river and down to 20 mile or so I have been told. That is why you don't ever see them there, once last year that I saw. I walk my dog, run her with the bike, and see it every night. Watch out for the homeless. They are the most confrontational. Some times I carry my LCP .380, for them and the bears.

The Kings in Campbell Creek are from natural spawn only. I try to explain that to people when I see them molesting the Kings
    NRA Lifetime Member

Default Poachers

Interesting. I too ran into a niebor who mentoned a few local kids in his back yard tresspassing and slaying huge kings with a dip net. Cleaning them up and leaving carcass's everywhere, even his dog was getting into them. He said he yelled at them and the kids smarted off back, saying they are locals and don't give a ****. I would have tossed them in the creek for a little swim. Had a nice trout hit about 5pm today, lots of kings in the creek. Looks like the troopers need to make a visit and pull some tickets. TSGB !