Thread: WHIRLWINN TOO.....I found your cowling..

Default WHIRLWINN TOO.....I found your cowling..

I found your cowling in the little su.

reply to claim.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

there was an accident on the river sunday night. an extreme "ran over" an aluminum skif with a white outboard on it. when i went by it was tied to a tree with the lower half under water, it was missing a cowling, maybe its theirs. they airlifted an elderly woman to anchorage. i saw the guys again last night (the ones that were hit, retrieving their boat) they said she was ok.

I'm surprised there are not more acidents on the little Su. Seems like half the boats on that river are WAY too big and fast for that size of river considering they share it with canoe's and smaller craft.

Once again I am amazed that they can have a 35hp limit on the Kenai and no limits on the little su.. This needs to be addressed but who makes these regulations??

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticman View Post
    Once again I am amazed that they can have a 35hp limit on the Kenai and no limits on the little su.. This needs to be addressed but who makes these regulations??
    My husband and I were just remarking on this yesterday... we had never been to the little su before, and just went to check it out. We were fishing the banks, wading. Boat after boat flew by us, and we wondered what the point was of trying to fish there?

What we noted were all the signs about the habitat and banks/root systems crumbling from people trampling the banks by walking downriver. We looked at each other and were like?? what of the boats that cause wake after wake one right after the other/ is there not issues with erosion from that? And we remarked that it should be like the Kenai, wonder how we put our .02 cents in on that vote...

The problem is the horsepower must match the boat.

My 18' boat has a 65 jet and let me tell you it has speed. I have near no wake though.

My boat has less wake than a 16 v bottom with a 20 horse at any speed.

----------------

I used to think the horse limit should be lowered too but it is the boats that are too large that cause the biggest wake not necessarily a large horse motor.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Not just the big boats

It is also the ones that go by and think they are being nice by slowing slightly. Half speed with the bow pointed in the air makes a huge wake. It would be better if they either went to "no wake" speed, or stayed on plane.

Just my 2 cents.

AK Chappy