Thread: raft ramming on the upper kenai

Angry raft ramming on the upper kenai

So Ill make this short and to the point. Saturday about 300 yards down from the Bear Braids on the upper kenai. Im on the drift nosed into the cut bank about 4 feet off it so my buddy can pull out some fish hiding from the sun. ARA is the initals of this company and the name on the life jacket was gary. All of a sudden I look over my shoulder and this raft with and outboard (it was out of the water of course) and 4 people plus the guide are 10 feet from my butt heading towards me. I tell the guy hy I got nowhere to go as im riding the bank down. He laughs and says then hang on, Never even tried to move his raft. Next thing doink he slams my butt end of my boat, I made a comment or 2 his clients did not appreciate but i did not care. He just laughed and said what could i do. Luckly my buddy in the front sat down and did not get shot off. I have never in my 5 years in my boat even come close to that. Needless to say i called the company but i doubt anything will happen. Just rude and unsafe and I needed to vent. Thanks for letting me feel better

Oh and it was a sight seeing trip not a fishing trip they were on
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

You should probably take those initials out of you post to avoid slandering. Similar thing happened to me on Willow before but it was a guy who rented a cat and probably didnt know that you drive a boat by back rowing, this d-bag was forward stroking like a mad man.

Actually, slander is an untruthful spoken statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because slander is a tort (a civil wrong), the injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement. If the statement is made via broadcast media -- for example, over the radio or on TV, or possibly a rafting forum -- it is considered libel, rather than slander, because the statement has the potential to reach a very wide audience.

However, "untruthful" is the key phrase here. If the facts are presented, then all is fair.

Now......can you somehow sue that SOB for stupidity and endangering you and your passenger?

Im gonna leave the initals in the post and let the mods make the decision. I did get another phone number from a member on who to call at the kenai river center who moniters all the guides. From what is said if I file a complaint it will be reviewed. Im sure I will see this person on the river in september when I take my two week trout run. Im just sorry im headed out of town for work for 10 days or id see him this coming weekend. The thing that got me was that he did not make one crank with the oars to avoid me just came right on in

I will keep an eye out this weekend

Call the company and ask what insurance company they use so they can pay for everyones whip lash (Bill Azar) LMAO...... Thanks for the heads up I'll keep my eye out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Akonthefly View Post
    Call the company and ask what insurance company they use so they can pay for everyones whip lash (Bill Azar) LMAO...... Thanks for the heads up I'll keep my eye out as well.

I went with Brittan and pentlarge (sp) I have seen thier commericals on all the time and they dont piss me off like 1 call does it all bill. Im tired of this neck brace though. Ouch I just got hurt again typing this. More money more money lol

Good post, it was provided as information in the sense that "this is what happened to me..." you did not mention names but provided info that people could file away. Sometimes we all need to vent our frustrations and you did it in a way that was not accusatory but factual. Well done and kudos to you.