Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For A Large Gun Safe, Where To Buy?

Default Looking For A Large Gun Safe, Where To Buy?

Hi Guys, Who Carries The Larger Guns Safes?
    Who Seems To Have The Best Prices.
    Any Recommendations On What One To Buy?
    Thanks For Your Help.

Costco has one (not extra large) for around $750.00. Can't go wrong with Cannon IMO.

Default Safe

Cannon and Liberty safes are of very good quality, IMO. You can find larger and better quality safes at places like Boondocks in ER, which is where I purchased mine.

Default Great Northern Guns

has a good selection of American Security safes at decent prices. These are good quality safes.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Troutbum View Post
    Costco has one (not extra large) for around $750.00. Can't go wrong with Cannon IMO.
    I saw costco had them a while ago. Do they currently carry them?

I bought my Cannon at COSTCO last year, and I'm happy with it. It seems as though it's hit or miss regarding their availability at COSTCO, i.e., sometimes they have them, sometimes not. I'd give them a call to check current inventory. I also saw safes on sale at Sportsmen's this summer, but don't know about right now.

Smile Patriot Gun Safes

I purchased mine from Patriot gun safes. I bought it factory direct from a link on Ebay.
    Shipping was very resonable to Delta. To my Door, had to get a budweiser crew together to get it inside. If you want QUALITY this is it. It has the Highest FIRE rating that I could find, and I researched for months. I got the Armory one. A little pricy but we have some nice guns, and I figure the house will burn down around the safe.
    Also depends on where you live as far as options, Achorage "Little Seattle" has alot of other options and dealers to choose from. Fbx has Sportsmans, Sentury Hardware has some real nice safes as well. NONE OF THESE HAVE THE FIRE RATING THAT PATRIOT HAS.
    But they are nice safes.

Here is a link.

http://www.patriotsafe.com/index.php

Oh I am a professional firefighter since 1988 and have seen the results of inferior safes.
    If you don't want to spend the extra $$$ thats cool. There are alot out there but this on has the best Fire rating.

Yes, but Cannon is the only safe company that offers a zero cost lifetime replacement policy...

http://www.cannonsafe.com/warrantyinfo.nxg

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtysouth View Post
    I purchased mine from Patriot gun safes. I bought it factory direct from a link on Ebay.
    Shipping was very resonable to Delta. To my Door, had to get a budweiser crew together to get it inside. If you want QUALITY this is it. It has the Highest FIRE rating that I could find, and I researched for months. I got the Armory one. A little pricy but we have some nice guns, and I figure the house will burn down around the safe.
    Also depends on where you live as far as options, Achorage "Little Seattle" has alot of other options and dealers to choose from. Fbx has Sportsmans, Sentury Hardware has some real nice safes as well. NONE OF THESE HAVE THE FIRE RATING THAT PATRIOT HAS.
    But they are nice safes.

Here is a link.

Oh I am a professional firefighter since 1988 and have seen the results of inferior safes.
    If you don't want to spend the extra $$$ thats cool. There are alot out there but this on has the best Fire rating.

Thumbs up Costo has them now..

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    I saw costco had them a while ago. Do they currently carry them?
    I looked at one in the Dimond Costco yesterday.... It was around $750 if I remember right. I do remember reading that it weighs 450lbs..

I wish Costco in the UK carried these!

Looking for a new safe myself, looks like a Buffalo Creek 14 gun safe or similar from Sentenal for me.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtysouth View Post
    But they are nice safes.

Here is a link.

I too am looking for a good gun safe for my house and I've been looking at the various options out there. I looked at the Patriot web site and noticed it was rated to 1880 for one hour. Cabelas offers safes that protect for up to two and a half hours, but I don't recall the temperature rating. When you say Patriot has the best, are you referring to the temperature rating?

I live in an area where the local VFD is not allowed to fight structure fires, only contain them. I'm concerned about the safe having to withstand a fire for an extended time. What temperature can I expect the average fire to reach in a 4,000 sq. ft. log home and how long do you think it might burn? I don't want to get a longer rated safe if the temp of the fire will exceed it.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

The solution that seems the best to me, was a cinder block built walk-in safe. It had a door purpose built for the room from a safe company in the lower 48. I looked at the web site and you could get into a door and frame for as low as 600.00 bucks, they had all kinds of options for the doors and you could go nuts and spend several thousands of dollars. I know a fellow that did just this and has room for several hundred long guns.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

TTT - before I start driving around town, I figured I"d check here to see if anyone has noticed what's available. I like the sound of the Cannon at Costco, but I haven't seen any there lately... Really, all I need is a small unit - 12-15 gun capacity, but I would prefer it to have at least a little fire resistance (30 minutes-ish) and I like the electronic lock, rather than the dial.

I'm tempted to go with some of the cabinets since they're cheap, but I'd like it to at least weigh 200+ lbs so it would be tough for one guy to carry out...

And I"d definitely like to keep the price UNDER $1,000

Let me know if you've seen anything!

Default boondocks

Give the folks at Boondocks a try. The carry Cannon safes, and are pretty reasonable on prices. If you can wait a few months, they usually have pretty good deals on them at the Sportsmans show in the spring. I bought one from them at the show a few years back, I think I saved a few hundred dollars off their normal price.

Jake

Bought a Patriot safe myself this summer, couldn't be more happy with it. Biggest one they had for 2k shipped to the front door. And the fire rating on it is 1880* for 2hrs, not 1hr.

Shop around, this was the best deal for what "I" was looking for as far as rating/size/gun room.

does anyone else have any experience, good or bad with patriot safes. Cant find to much on the internet about them. Im thinking about the collector model, any hel would be appreciated.

Default I posted this in another thread...

I have been shopping for and researching safes here in Fairbanks for a few weeks now. As far as I'm concerned the only safe in town worth buying is the AMSEC (American Security) BF6032 at Action Locksmiths-AMSEC BF series safes. ALL the other safes in town have no thicker than 12 gauge metal and all have sheetrock fire insulation. The only exception is the Browning Medalions at SW that have 10 gauge metal. But, you can still hack through that with a fire axe. One layer of steel is all it is. Sure looks pretty though and it's 2900 bucks.

The AMSEC is a 10 gauge outer with 14 gauge inner wall and cement fire barrier in between which adds to the strength. Plus it has a 1/2 inch thick plate door. It's $2660 plus delivery of about 200 bucks across town. It weighs 810 lbs. But, I can actually buy online and get the next size larger the AMSEC BF 6030 (940 lbs)delivered to my door for $2500. Go figure. Can't go wrong with an AMSEC But, here is the safe to buy I'm thinking...

Sturdy Safe
    Do some research, 7 gauge walls (that's 3/16) 14 gauge liner, 5/16 door and fiber insulation. Check out the sturdy safe website and google sturdy safe.

No frills, heavy duty and factory direct purchasing. They are the real deal. Here is a video of a total home burn down and the only thing left standin is the sturdy safe. Burn down I guess over the past 50 years they developed their fire retardant system by putting safes in houses that the fire dept then torched for some kind of training.

Contact them for prices. They are less than AMSEC's locally including shipping.

Do you really want one of these that they sell at Costco and such? This was done with an axe.

Here's a link to the thread: Amsec and Sturdy Safes

Oh, here's an interesting video: Gun "Safe"??

They have a Liberty Safe at Lowes that holds 22 guns + storage for $766. You can get them 10% off when they have sales. It also has a S&G combo lock, not an electric lock. Sams has the same safe with an electric lock for $776. I've been safe shopping for awhile, but haven't bought anything yet.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanSD View Post
    ...all I need is a small unit - 12-15 gun capacity, but I would prefer it to have at least a little fire resistance (30 minutes-ish) and I like the electronic lock, rather than the dial.

I'm tempted to go with some of the cabinets since they're cheap, but I'd like it to at least weigh 200+ lbs so it would be tough for one guy to carry out...

And I"d definitely like to keep the price UNDER $1,000

Let me know if you've seen anything!
    Sportsman's had a Stack On 16 gun safe for $440 with an electric lock. I don't know if it has, or what the fire rating is.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Do you really want one of these that they sell at Costco and such? This was done with an axe.
    Beats the tin can I have now. Anyone could throw over the shoulder and darn near carry it off!

I went to a local locksmith and looked at their safes. They had some beauts but they were not cheap. Excellent quality, but out of my league.

Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast