Thread: cushman range

Default cushman range

Any other alternate locations someone can suggest to get a lil more shooting in before leaving out friday for the first sheep hunt.

Default range

You can try the range up on chena hot springs road it is quite a few miles up there cant remember exact milage I think about mile 25-30. There is a sign there so you should not miss it.

The range up Chena Hot Springs Road is interesting to say the least...
    It might be difficult to find, but it's definitely well past 6 mile/Nordale Road. Our men's group from church went up there a couple of weeks ago and 1/2 of them missed the turn off.
    You might want to stop around the Pleasantville area and ask the gas station there for further directions if you decide to go.
    Or... you can find someone here on the boards that have a remote piece of property that you can shoot on.
    Lurker.

Default range

Thanks! I dont really want to got that far it would be nice to stay a lil closer but thanks for the input.

How badly was it flooded? Maybe it will be open again.....might be worth a call to FNSB to check the situation.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

I called about an hour ago and it is still closed. The person I spoke with said that she didn't know when it would be reopened.

Quote Originally Posted by ak257 View Post
    How badly was it flooded? Maybe it will be open again.....might be worth a call to FNSB to check the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riflemaker View Post
    I called about an hour ago and it is still closed. The person I spoke with said that she didn't know when it would be reopened.
    It's flooded pretty nicely (along with the rest of Fairbanks and North Pole). At least some of our area is starting to dry out, but not enough of it is drying out... nor is it drying out fast enough.

The whole area behind S. Cushman and all the industrial side over there is flooded. I don't foresee it drying up for at least a week if not more.
    Lurker.

Default wish I woulda read this post...

I just got back from the range..... The gate is locked and signs are posted. I walked in to see how bad it was flooded, the area's between each target burm is flooded pretty good and the middle walk-way is under about a foot of water from 50-200 yds. The pistol range is underwater aswell.

Jake