Thread: Silvers Lower Kenai

Default Silvers Lower Kenai

What is the best way to fish for silvers from a boat on the lower Kenai?

There is an area known as the pasture on the lower river that has been pretty hot with K-13 Kwikfish with sardines. You'll have to deal with lots of pinks, but there have been plenty of silvers. You cannot fish this area on a strong incoming tide.

So, you fish the silvers the same way you fish for kings, just with smaller Quik Fish.

Smile Silvers on the Kenai

If you have good eggs, back bounce eggs,.use a single 3/0 hook (no corkie or spinglo) 2-4 once sinker. If you fishing later in the day K13 Quik fish work fine.
    This is a great year to fish the Kenai for Silvers!

Default How far up??

Just wondering if anyone has caught any up by eagle rock/ pillers area??
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default Silvers from a boat

I recommend that you anchor in 4-6 feet of water with a gravel bottom. You can bounce eggs or kwikies down stream or simply soak the eggs on the bottom. Casting spinners and spoons are also very effective.

If you are fishing for silvers just like you fish for kings, guess what, you will catch kings. By anchoring in more shallow water you will minimize incidental king hook ups. Particurlarly on a very weak run, the last thing a king needs is to be played to death with light tackle (it will inevitably happen, but do you best to minimize the chance). The other benefit to anchoring is that you will save a considerable amount of fuel.

Good luck

btw Motorboatn, silvers have been counted past the wier at Russian already.

Default Eagle Rock

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has caught any up by eagle rock/ pillers area??
    We did pretty well there last night. Saw a few kings hooked up, one from a boat that was drifting the middle like they were targeting kings. Kind of made me sick.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Default Sweet

Im off the slope in 1 week and was thinking of heading down to Kenai for a day of silver fishing.

Sounds to me like my plan will work out. Now all I need is a few good days of weather out of seward and it will be a great week of fishing!
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.