Thread: Fairbanks newspaper, Good Editorial

Default Fairbanks newspaper, Good Editorial

Here's a chance for the select few who like to criticize, to take some more shots at me...........but whatever you think about this post..........the editorial is right on.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/2008/a...dlife/?opinion

If you don't have time to read it, here's the gist of the article:
    "What is important is how we work to bring people to justice and what we can do to prevent the crimes from happening in the first place."
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Thanks for the link, marten. Sometimes I sure wish we had the Newsminer's editorial board down here in Southcentral, as they sure do have a better perspective on such issues. On a side note, that reminded me that I need to put the wildlife offender report line in my cell phone. I've seen things in the field before when I didn't have the number to call and report it. No longer!

Default Good Editorial

Thanks for the time it took to write and submit.

I wish the AOC would spend a little of the money and help find out who did this egregious crime

I wish the AOC would spend a little of the money and help find out who did this egregious crime
    There is no need to spend the money. The troopers have a good idea who did it, the elders know who did it.

SYDave...........I think that's a good idea...........AOC could certainly add to the reward money.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Thanks for the link, marten. Sometimes I sure wish we had the Newsminer's editorial board down here in Southcentral, as they sure do have a better perspective on such issues. On a side note, that reminded me that I need to put the wildlife offender report line in my cell phone. I've seen things in the field before when I didn't have the number to call and report it. No longer!
    Brian,

Whats the number?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Brian,

Whats the number?
    1-800-478-3377

As I brought up earlier regarding reward money. Yes it will likely not be effective at solving this crime however it does show that we have 0 tollerance for game violations and takes some of the wind out of the sails of the anti's. Our silence is silent affirmation in the eyes of many on the outside of this issue looking in. I would like to once again aplaud the ABA for taking action on this issue.

After reading that article and the editorials it really makes you not feel so bad for the natives out there. Chaps my ass personally.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

hmmmm now for some reason i am pulling an undrelying tone from this artical.

as i read it i begin to wonder, that if in all of the Political manuvering, of all the factions this year. i would'nt be surprised to find out this action is one to shed an ANTI hunting light on us once again. you know PETA has done some crazy things in the past. some of which include collecting stray pets for adoption for fund raisers and adopoting them to the dumpster. at eh end of the day. and there are worse ORGs out there.

there is a ton at stake for us all this election an honetly i would not be surprised at any devolpment in the future.

PETA is too scared to come up here. But I read in a hunting magazine the NRA tried to get PETA and other anti-hunting groups to do a debate about whether hunting was right or wrong, but instead they listed a bunch of lame reasons not to do it.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default peta, on the attack

I laugh every time I hear peta. They sent me a letter "wanted for murder" listing my name for killing tasty critters. That letter hung on my refrig. for years, great little conversation piece.

Default That's hilarious!

Maybe not. It's actually pretty sad that a group would do that. I have never been targeted by PETA, but I sorta can't wait.

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

you know i only mentioned that group because they are some of the worst. but my intake on that artical and be it I HAVE been WRONG... was an underlying politcal issue at hand. may it be the person writing it or just my preception... but we al know stranger things have happend and i am usally the last to cry conspiricy therory...