Today I shot my longbow for the first time. Also shot a recurve I picked up at a yardsale on Saturday for 20 bucks. Stopped by Kincaid park for awhile and had some fun. I learned a few things today.
1. I need a lot more practice!
2. I now know why an armguard is important. Next item on the to buy list!
3. Same thing for gloves.
4. I need a lot more practice!
5. I found muscles in my arm I did not know existed.
6. Practice, practice, practice...
My youngest was shooting a cheap Bear bow we got at Wal-Mart. For a little bow she was getting some distance out of that thing. She managed to get just over 50 yards when she got bored with the 10 yard target and started to try for the long shots.
Mom and my oldest tried the longbow, but decided that it was too much for them just yet. Will have to wait till the Genesis arrives for them to have much fun.
We had fun and will probably go back out tomorrow.