Thread: Some leaves and berries in my backyard

Default Some leaves and berries in my backyard

Raspberry leaves, and some berries (I don't know what these are). Don't you think these photos would make nice screen savers? Go ahead and use them as long as you don't make a profit from them and leave my logo or name in the photos.

Nice shots Ray! With the cost of fuel these days I also have been more inclined to shoot in my back yard.

Again, really nice shots.
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Quote Originally Posted by tull777 View Post
    Nice shots Ray! With the cost of fuel these days I also have been more inclined to shoot in my back yard.

Again, really nice shots.
    Thanks, tull777.

You are correct about that. I have been spending a lot of time around home than driving around. It's getting too expensive.

Great shots Ray! I'm sitting here in Colorado Springs hoping for some nice weather to get out and take some shots!! I'm already tired of the heat!! Keep up the great work, you have really advanced to a new level here the last few months...
    EricL

Quote Originally Posted by EricL View Post
    Great shots Ray! I'm sitting here in Colorado Springs hoping for some nice weather to get out and take some shots!! I'm already tired of the heat!! Keep up the great work, you have really advanced to a new level here the last few months...
    Thanks.

The weather around here has not been that good, either. It has been raining almost daily, and some areas around Fairbanks and Nenana flooded, damaging homes and property. Also, it has been the coolest summer for decades. For example, with temperatures around 42 degrees last night. We have also been getting what we call, "termination dust" (snow) in some of the mountains close to Fairbanks, and Anchorage. But all is not lost, since we see sunlight every now and then for a few hours

Those are high-bush cranberries, also known as moose-berries. They have one-large seed in the center, and have an off or musky smell in the forest. After cooked down and run through cheese-cloth, remaining juice makes wonderful jelly

Quote Originally Posted by Fairbanksfishermom View Post
    Those are high-bush cranberries, also known as moose-berries. They have one-large seed in the center, and have an off or musky smell in the forest. After cooked down and run through cheese-cloth, remaining juice makes wonderful jelly
    I thought that they were poisonous! I have quite a lot of those in the backyard. Thanks for letting me know.

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Well done Ray.. your images are improving greatly... "Berry well done" !!

Quote Originally Posted by Majik Imaje View Post
    Well done Ray.. your images are improving greatly... "Berry well done" !!
    Thanks. You comments are appreciated.

Default Nice photos

Ray: Your pics always impress. I have a question. How do you get those black or feathered borders on your pics? I have Photoshop Elements and can't find out how to make them. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by dmaclean View Post
    Ray: Your pics always impress. I have a question. How do you get those black or feathered borders on your pics? I have Photoshop Elements and can't find out how to make them. Thanks in advance.
    I use PhotoShop Elements 6, but the frames I buy from "shooterfreaks.com" I use three sets:
    a. AC's FX. This one allows you to fade the border of the photo to fade into a dark color, or into a light color as you can see in the photo of the dog (dark frame).
    b. AC's Web Frames
    c. AC's Web Matts

The last two have the sort of frames I posted above. You will also notice a white frame in the center photo above.

Thanks Ray, I will check out the website. Appreciate the info!