Thread: Badger Slough

Default Badger Slough

i Have Heard Rumors That Badger Slough Has Some Good Pike Fishing. Is There Any Truth To That? I Have A Kayak To Fish From So The Parts That Are Shallow Are No Problem. Care To Share A Good Spot? With Gas Being So Expensive, I Can't Afford To Go Out To George Lake Or Up To The Yukon. Any Help Or Info Would Be Greatly Appreciated!!!! Thanks Again.

If you find out, let me know. I have wondered for years. I have seen kids fishing it from the Hurst bridge, but never seen their catch. For close by Pike fishing, take your kayak and go to rainbow lake across from EAFB. I have caught Pike there in the 26in range. Not great size but fun enough if you can't get to Minto. Piledriver slough and moose creek are other places to try.

Default Pike?

Yes there are a few pike that can be found in the slough. I have never caught anything over 23 inches myself. I do not know of any "hot spot" I believe the fishing for pike in the slough is fair at best. Good luck.

TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Usually see a few in the spring time, none have ever been very big at all. Don't think it would be worth your time if you really want to target pike.

Default Pike

I have personally seen only a few that may have been close to 30," Used to catch a ton when all the beaver dams were still up.
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

I have seen Pike in there like others have said also,but always in the spring and cant remember whay kind of sucker fish my friend caught there behind Badger Gas once.Oh! and btw! there are leeches in there also. UGH! Daniel

Hey thank you all for taking the time. I fished just about 100 ft upstream of Nordale bridge. There is a small dam there. I didn't see anything. I guess i will just have to wait till springtime. Thanks! Bets of luck to all of you.

The slough runs behind our house and is separated from the KJNP gravel pit by only a small peninsula of land (covered by water right now). When my son was about 8 or 9, I sent him down to the bank to "fish" with a little trout pole and a Mepps...not thinking he would actually catch anything. A few minutes later he came running up to the house hollering for someone to help him with his fish. It was about a 12 inch Pike.
    I see lots of fish skitter from the edges of the slough when I walk down there and assume they are pike. Probably nothing of any size, but they are there.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson