Thread: Halibut / Coho From Homer ??

Default Halibut / Coho From Homer ??

Hey guys.....first I would like to say any reports would be GREATLY appreciated....I live in North Carolina.. and will be leaving out of Homer on 08/06 for a 3 night / 4 day halibut and (hopefully) silver trip. We are going down to Shuyak and will spend our time there. I will be traveling with my dad, and my son (this trip is his HS graduation present).Needless to say, we are all very excited. I understand the silver run is typically later than when we are gonna be there, but we might catch a few early arrivals. Can anyons shed any light on what is going on in that area? Again, any info is greatly appreciated!

Thumbs up

I was there last week, and the silvers were running pretty good off the spit and in the lagoon. While most of the king and red runs were late this year, the silvers appear to be strong and early. The Kenai silver run is kicking off pretty good as well.

Thanks Ultra! I know we will get into the halibut...the silvers I wasn't sure of. Hopefully we will get to see a strong showing.

Default Pogibshi Point

Ask your charter captain if you can stop and mooch at Pogy Point for silvers. It's a big bait eddy and the silver fishing can be unbelievable....

Where is Pogy point? Can you help me out with that one?

Point Pogibshi. You can see it from the spit.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Thanks Cliffhanger!

You Should Have Some Awesome Halibut And Silver Fishin..who Are You Going With....
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM