Thread: Buying a new bow!

Default Buying a new bow!

I just got the green light from the wife to buy a new bow. Where is the best place to buy a complete setup for the best price? Please send me all of your good advice.

I am sure there are archery shops in Anchorage. But if your in the valley, I guess you could go to sportsman's, since Fletchers is gone. But make sure you talk to someone who actually shoots the bow.

You can try the Archers Den in Eagle River. That is where I go. Other than that you have SW in Anchorage.

Thumbs up Archer's Den

Congrats, me too. I ordered my new Bowtech General, site, rest, quiver, arrows from Paul yesterday. I didn't shop around, for me it was about service after the sale. I think the price was fair. Might have saved a couple of bucks somewhere else, but having expert support in setting up and tuning is priceless to me. I live in Eagle River and want the Archer's Den to be here for a long time. There's my 2 cents. Can't wait for mine to come in. Good luck.

Go to the Archer's Den. Money saved often ends up being money wasted when you don't get the right setup for you. When I was shopping for a new bow this spring I shot every bow in the Archer's Den multiple times. I was there a couple of times a week for more than two months, bugging Paul every chance I got in an attempt to find the perfect bow for me. He spent a ton of time with me teaching me about new bow technology and helping me to improve my technique. That's the kind of service that you just can't get at a place like Sportsman's Warehouse. His prices are fair, his service superb, and his advice is spot on. Save yourself the hassle of dealing with a big box store and support your local archery shop. While you're at it, bring your wife in and have her shoot a bow. Paul taught my wife to shoot a couple of weeks ago and now we're looking for a bow for her!

Default Matthews

Does the Archers Den carry Matthews bows? I have always dealt with Fletchers. So have never been to the Eagle River shop.

At the moment he doesn't but it is in the works. Paul is a great guy and won't sell you something you don't need and his service is the best in Alaska.

Yeah...Archers Den Carrying Mathews , I found out when I talk to him about being able to paper tune my Mathews at his shop. All he said was.... put a few Bowtech stickers on it.. Good humor. He has to get his licks in before he starts dealing them. A good bow is whatever brand shoots and feels better to you.

That's BLUF

Default Back Country

Back Country archery in Anchorage is also a great place. Bill is a great guy and he will custom order it if he dosent have it in.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by B-radford View Post
    Back Country archery in Anchorage is also a great place. Bill is a great guy and he will custom order it if he dosent have it in.

Bill is pretty sharp at what he does.
    When I went in to purchase a Matthews XT last year he ordered everything I needed and it shot great after it was all put together ....
    RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Default Fletchers Archery

Fletchers is not gone for good, we are in the middle of our move. Until the new shop is set up we are working by appointment only. So give us a call at 373-7770. P.S. We have changed the name to BearPaw Archery

So are you guys still selling Mathews bows while in transition?
    I've been thinking about getting a new bow and would like to shoot a few before deciding if my old browning is ready for retirement.

When do you expect you'll be opening up shop again??

Bummer, it figures that I just found you guys about 2 weeks before you closed up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bear Hunter View Post
    Fletchers is not gone for good, we are in the middle of our move. Until the new shop is set up we are working by appointment only. So give us a call at 373-7770. P.S. We have changed the name to BearPaw Archery
    There is a GOD!!
    When will your new shop be open for biz?

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bear Hunter View Post
    If you didn't say something ... I was going to! You can't keep a good man down (or in this case "Shop") ... God's speed!

Your a good man Paul...........where's my helical clamp and my feild points?
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.