Thread: Boating The Ivishak

Question Boating The Ivishak

Leaving in a week to go up the Ivishak. Looking for any advice from anyone that has run it in the last couple years. First time up there and will take any and all advice.

Thanks

Smile

Was up there last weekend...if you're running a jet, then you will need to be very much on your toes because you will need to be on step to make it even up the Sag. The boat launch is very shallow also and depending can be an adventure to get your boat in the water. Ask the air boats about the conditions up river, and where exactly the mouth of the Ivishak is, there's another river that is easily mixed up with the Ivishak if you're not paying attention. There were lots of bulls up there though...good luck...

Happy boating/hunting

Just got back from there Wednesday, went up the Echooka. Saw mostly air boats, go devils and a couple of jets. A larger jet boat would only go well maybe to the mouth, we did se a smal jet boat outboard on a zodiac that was up the echooka a few miles. We went up 35 miles with a airboat and got droped off and floated out. Great rip and tons of boo's

Default Echooka?

Where is this river? I'm heading up to run the Ivishak next weekend in my Zodiac, but you guys have me worried now. Is the Echooka a better river to run? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Rob

Go with someone that has gone up it. Seen to many boats come back damaged from not knowing where to run. Also it can get real shallow up there.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Echooka

The Echooka ia a branch East off the Iva... I was told that is is a small er river.

Default Echooka

I have been up the Ivashak once and I think I remember another small creek branching off. OH well, we are heading up anyway and camping as far up as possible. Has anyone been down the Sag towards the bluffs lately? I think once you get to the bluffs, you are 5 miles out as well.
    Rob

Default More Questions

I am trying to go up the Ivishak with my Sport Jon. Need to know if you think the water levels were high enough for one of those boats. I don't need much water but still some. Trying to figure out if I am going to stay light and make multiple trips or can I go heavier and make it on only trip. I am very concerned about the water levels.