Thread: Little Su

Default Little Su

I was thinking of heading to the Little Su and fishing below the launch at Burma Road. I have never been there before and was wondering if it can be fly-fished or if I would be better served bringing my baitcaster. Also, wondering how the water levels are. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bring them both.

I do.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Little Su

Thanks

Is the water still high and murky or has it come down?

water has both come down and cleared up some. board numbers has also gone up reports of over 200 a day lately

Default fish

Sent wife, daughters, aunt and father-n-law with guide yesterday on the little su. They went toward the mouth and everyone limited out. They did use most of the 6 hours, but they mentioned fishing was good.

Troy

Default Slow

My Family and I spent a majority of Sunday there. We fished downstream past the last platform. We tried orange, pink and chartruse (sp) vibrax and purple egg sucking leeches. My wife snagged a spawned out king It was pretty lame.

Default Very Slow

We walked even farther than the last platform, down to a beach that looked like a good spot and only caught one humpy. Only saw one silver caught from 5-9:30. Hopefully it picks up as the fish move upstream.

guys the fish are all over that river right now, down and up stream. ive been going up lately (as much as 7 miles or so) and catching lots of fish my partner prefers his downstream holes and is catching lots of fish.

Default It is still fishing...

They are everywhere, I agree. But, getting them to hit is an entirely different matter......My brother and I spent hours going up and down stream in the boat in all the traditional holes trying to get them to bite. It just wasn't happening. Finally, we just went home. It was however, a very warm and nice day on the water and it is so much better not catching in the sun than it is in the rain.....

Default We spent all day Saturday

there and got skunked. There were 4 of us in the boat. We went down and worked methodically. We cast, back bounced, used the fly rod, worked from shore and nothing. We personally saw 1 fish caught. Saw some people at the landing with fish. As we pulled the boat out, I talked to a guy who had just finished his float down from the parks. He said they didn't catch any fish until they got about 5 miles upstream of the landing. He said everyone up there were catching fish. I guess I will try up next time.

i dont know what to tell you guys. here is a nice 12# buck caught monday night. he was an awesome fighter! went after work for a couple hours 4 people 6 silvers and a couple chum and pinks. there was an old old guy and his wife parked up the bend aways and they limited out while we were there. his wife was funny, she was netting his fish from inside the boat without even getting up. she just sat there and you saw a net come out and swoop em up. i think the board count was around 192 when we left at 9:30 or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default hit it sunday night

got there about 8 pm and fished til 11...caught one nice hen and lost three ...one was huge......i was getting most hits on a chartruese #5 vibrax with a silver blade...lost that on to a fish and lost a big orange/silver pixie to the big one.....i need to put new line on my reel....
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Default Hey preed!

Cut the crap! That's obviously a fake fish, you don't think we know what a taxidermied fish looks like!? Nice try PAL!!

It was pretty slow last Thursday, July 31.

I went out with a guide and a few friends. Here's how bad it was

brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    Cut the crap! That's obviously a fake fish, you don't think we know what a taxidermied fish looks like!? Nice try PAL!!
    yeah i thought i could slip that by ya. i took my taxedermy buddy with me...he did it right there on the boat! Man is he good!

The silver #5 orange Vibrax. "If you cast it they will come."

Default wreck

I heard that there was a wreck on the river is that true? I heard it was an inboard that ran over a little boat. This river is going to get some resticktions here pretty soon.
    stay safe on the river guys!!!!
    Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    I heard that there was a wreck on the river is that true? I heard it was an inboard that ran over a little boat. This river is going to get some resticktions here pretty soon.
    stay safe on the river guys!!!!
    Big Daddy

See this post

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=36269

The bad thing is there are wrecks there every year.

My boat is very fast but I can slow down by dropping the throttle it is amazing how that works.