Thread: Hunting License/Tags - Cash Only, or Credit Card?

Default Hunting License/Tags - Cash Only, or Credit Card?

Hi Guys,

Trying to figure out how much cash to bring for my AK trip. I'm planning on purchasing my hunting license and tags in Anchorage at one of the sporting goods stores, do I need to pay cash/check for those or will they accept credit card?

Thanks and hope the rain lets up soon,

Michael

Thumbs up

CC will work just fine. You can also go online and get your hunting license/tags ahead of time if you like. Fill out the form and print it out. You will be able to print your license, and they mail the harvest tickets the next business day.

https://www.admin.adfg.state.ak.us/buyonline

Hope you have a good trip!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Ditto the online purchase. Could save you some running around. Last year I ran around Anchorage looking to buy a moose tag. Sportsmans wharehouse, Wal Mart, and Fred Meyers were all fresh out. Ended up getting one at BJ sports.

Default Thanks -

Thanks for the tips guys. A new question - I'm in Maryland but leaving for Alaska next Wednesday - will they mail the harvest tickets to my Mom's address, or does it have to be the same address as my credit card?

Michael

Default send it to mom

It shouldn't be a problem, just fill out the information with your moms address. Just make sure to mark the form as a non-resident though.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Moose season is closed at Unalakleet this year.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default Thanks MT....

my Mom was born in Unalakleet, but she lives in Anchorage now, that's where I'll be until I head for Tok (and hope the rain has slowed down by then...)

Michael

Default How about Grizz and Dall tags??

I know a non-resident must have a guide for these species, but can I buy the tags over the counter? or would there be some perc for the outfitter for me to buy them from him? Thanks Les

Default tag purchase

Les
    the outfitter gets a comission on the tags he sells & they're the same price no matter where you buy them.
    Gary

Gary: hope he takes mastercard... It wouldn't make or break my trip, but would free up a little more cash... (could even be used for a bigger tip...). lord knows I can't buy anthing more,, I'm already at the 60# limit for the bush plane and at the two small carryons and two checked baggage for the big plane.. Les

Default I'd Check With Your Guide...

Les,

I'd check with your guide/outfitter - in my experience they have preferred to deal in cash, check or money order - which prompted my initial question a bout buying in ANC or online. I can totally understand why they do, since when I have purchased my license and tags form the outfitter, we have been far from the beaten path!

Michael

Default Done...

license and tags purchased online, will be mailed to my Mom's place in Anchorage. Thanks for the advice guys!

Michael