Thread: I'm new here...Here's some of my recent shots...

Default I'm new here...Here's some of my recent shots...

Just thought I'd share some of my recent shots.

Tree fungus along the Swan Lake Canoe Trails

Reflection in still waters

Let me know what you all think...like I said, I'm new to this and just trying to learn what I can.

Nice composition. What equipment are you using?

Well, not as fancy of a camera as I'd like, but I've learned with it, so I'm comfortable with it. Just a Canon Powershot A540. I'd like to move on to a DSLR, but haven't made the switch yet. It's been great learning different things on it, tho.

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Default Very nice !!

Your composition is very pleasing and well thought out. Choosing the correct angle is what it takes to get that eye popping image to look nice.

However, I want you to notice, in the first image the details in the log are washed out.. That log did not look like that, wood is much darker. Perhaps you can adjust the 'color density' in that image to reflect what wood actually looks like. The sun is washing out the detail

You can increase that by either increasing the 'level' or to burn in the log. there are other options also but those are the two simplest ones to use.

You have the 'eye' that is important, now learn how to adjust your images to actually show what it was really looking like in your viewfinder.!!

the second image, is awesome, very nicely done BUT... . HIS FACE is washed out as well !! Increase the level or burn in his face a bit !!

Again great job.. keep up the good work and post more images !! Have fun !!