Thread: Power boating limits Upper Yentna?

Default Power boating limits Upper Yentna?

How far up the Yentna River can a jet sled be operated? Anyone ever gone above Donkey Slough vicinity any distance? Always looking for new areas to explore. Any opportunity of making it to where there might be a caribou reachable on the hillsides????
    Last edited by BackwoodsJoe; 08-01-2008 at 11:02. Reason: Correction and additional info.

No power restrictions but the water can get really really low if it gets cold. I have seen the water level drop over a foot in a back slough we were hunting. The ride in was tight, the ride pull out sucked in more ways then one.

Quote Originally Posted by BackwoodsJoe View Post
    How far up the Yentna River can a jet sled be operated? Anyone ever gone above Donkey Slough vicinity any distance? Always looking for new areas to explore. Any opportunity of making it to where there might be a caribou reachable on the hillsides????
    Used to live on the Yetna back in the 80's and my cabin was just a few miles from the mouth of Donkey Slough. Spent a LOT of time running the boat all over North of there and flying my Cub around up there hunting moose, bears and sheep in the AK Range. Sorry - no help on how far you can still run since the river will be so different. But I will pass along one thing that MAY still be true. In all my time hunting up there, I never saw any bou that was huntable from the Yetna from a boat. This may have changed since then. But thanks for the trip down memory lane .

Default Thanks for the information guys.

One of my hunting partners just got a SportJon and wants to test the teflon bottom.

Thumbs up Skinny Water

No Bou on this side.

Some skinny water but that is why we owe jets. set up a base camp and go explore! Take a come-along. Then you can float down rive in "quite" mode.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Sounds like something we should do. We do carry two come-alongs and a chain saw winch with 400+ feet of cable.