Thread: Whittier silver salmon charter recommendations

Default Whittier silver salmon charter recommendations

I am looking for recommendations for a silver salmon charter out of Whittier on 8/16 or 8/17. I will have visitors in town that weekend and would like to take a group of 4 out for a half day charter focusing on silver salmon. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I've used June's Bread-n-Butter Charters and was pleased with her service. We didn't use her boat, but she books with other charter operators in order to get the best match for her clients. She's got a website, but here's a number to call: 1-888-472-2396

Default Whittier

Although I don't have a recommendation I will say that you'll be fishing at a great time. Not a far run to get to the fish as well.

Tight lines and bloody boats,
    BB

Default Charter update

GreenTea,
    Thanks a lot for the recommendation! My group ended up going out on a full-day trip with Bread-N-Butter Charters on Saturday 8/16 to troll for silvers. The 4 of us caught 6 silvers and 5 pinks and had a beautiful day on the water. Captain Ken Miller was friendly and easy to work with. He covered a lot of water looking for fish. David (the deckhand) was working hard all day keeping our rods in the water, netting our fish, etc. June, the person I spoke to on the phone several times was very helpful and informative and able to answer all of my questions about the trip. I recommend their service to anyone looking to charter out of Whittier. They also do halibut trips.

Glad to hear you had a good time! June is a pretty neat lady, for sure.