Thread: Talkeetna Rams???

Default Talkeetna Rams???

Haven't seen any pictures of a Talkeetna Ram yet, so I thought I would share. Taken the 19th.
    J
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Nice Ram!

Nice Ram! Where are measurements and the story?

Well, don't have time to write much. First, I am lucky to have pictures. The digital camera took a swim in the river, and luckily, today I found out that the memory card still worked. Anyway, he was my first sheep...something I've been trying to accomplish for 5 or 6 years now off the road system. Anyway, 9 years old, 37 x 13 bases. Didn't "score" him, just wrapped a tape around and took a quick look. The story and hunt were of epic proportions, and will be something I cherish remember. It involved me making an incredible shot, at a very long distance (don't even want to get into numbers), and having to go up to him the next morning, stalking to 20 yards, and finishing him off. I am a content man.
    J
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thats a **** nice ram J !

Default Road System?

So was this a walk-in off the highway like you've been trying to do? Did you use a 4-wheeler or just park and walk. Congrats on a nice ram.

Congrats J...seeing all these rams are givin' me sheep fever.
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

Default Nice....

Nice Ram J...thanks for the pic!

Very nice ram.

J,
    Beautiful ram and love that 'rocky' country he was in...real sheep habitat. CONGRATS!!!