Thread: Swarovski Spotting Scopes

Default Swarovski Spotting Scopes

We plan to purchase a Swarovski spotting scope before hunting season and have been trying to decide between just the regular quality scope or the high definition. Has anyone compared the two? And if so, what was your opinion? Was the additional hundreds of dollars worth it, or......? We have used the "regular" Swarovski scope for years and been quite happy with it (belongs to a family member), but now that the high defs are on the market we are wondering if that is the route we should go in this purchase.

Thanks in advance for your advice :-)

Default Will you use a camera?

Do you take pictures through your spotting scope? If you don't then you don't need the HD model. If you think this is something you want to get into then spend the $$$ and get the HD.

Nope, no pictures :-)

Default HD

I have the STS80 HD. I could tell a slight difference in quality side by side, and decided to spend the extra dough.

What is the price difference? If it is not significant then well you are buying THE spotter you are (I assume) going to be using for many years. I sure would hate to miss that 3rd brow tine or that skinny lamb tip that makes that 7/8ths into a full.... (it's not my $$$)

Smile High Quality

The only problem with looking through a high Quality spotting scope. Compared to a less than $1000 model, is that once you do you'll be like me and go buy one. I have no problem looking through my sworvski for hours compared to the cheaper models. By far the best $$$ the wife and i have invested in our hunting.
    I have an Alpen, Lupold, Winchester, and small burris for sale.