Thread: 16 guage non-toxics

Default 16 guage non-toxics

My son uses a CZ 16 guage sxs. A couple years ago I bought him a bunch of Kent Matrix #4's and Bismuth #4's he has used them very well. And is deadly with that gun since fits him well since he is 6'5" long arms and neck. Unfortunately the shell supply has seemed to dry up. Are there any companies producing a 16 guage load that won't destroy his fixed M/F chokes. No one seems to make screw-in chokes for 16's so retro-fitting them isn't an option. May end up having to get him a 12 with screw in tubes but it seems a waste of the gun he is so good with. Sad sigh. Any help/ideas/sources? Reloading? Are components for 16 guage and non-toxic stuff available?

I would like if you are willing to reload it would not be a problem. All the shot sizes are the same, just need to get a bunch of 16ga hulls and wads. Then find the formula you like.

Also Hevi-Shot came out with their “Classic Doubles” loads. They have a 16ga load in there, I think in in 4s & 6s. It is about $280 a case, but they have a $50 rebate on a case right now.

Default Hevi-shot

The stuff I've used has been great. I wonder if anyone up here carries those shells or if I'll have to mail order them. We have quite a few hulls for reloading and I have a MEC 600Jr. Just gotta get charge bars and all the rest of the stuff for 16's. Now I'll have to hunt for the shot and components for 16's too.