Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are the feds?

Default Where are the feds?

So guess where all or some of this caribou killing took place.............on federal land. Are the feds involved? Officers? Investigating? Questioning? Evidence gathering?????
    Did you know that any transportation of illegally taken game is subject to a potential Lacey act violation?
    I think the state needs help in this investigation!!!!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I think this will be the one time the Feds allow the State of Alaska to exercise their States Rights. The Feds want no part of this deal, as it flies in the face of what they have created.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    I think this will be the one time the Feds allow the State of Alaska to exercise their States Rights. The Feds want no part of this deal, as it flies in the face of what they have created.
    Funny how that works, huh?

They were awful quiet about Timmy Treadwell for over a decade, too, while he lied on the Discovery Channel about "poachers" and other such nonsense while in his "secret" place.......................in the National Park.................breaking all the rules.......................while visitors on the other side of the mountains at Brooks Camp had to attend mandatory "Bear Etiquette School"..............

Ya funny how that works. Our govenment doing another splendid job....
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Seperate thread?

Sheesh, Mike, I see the Federal angle you are referring to, but wouldn't this fall aptly into place in your other thread?

The more pots the better, eh?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by fullkurl View Post
    ....The more pots the better, eh?......
    Often a meal consists of more than one dish (unless one makes goulash), and they are often prepared in different pots, at different temperatures, and seasoned differently, but are all consumed as a single meal.

There is more than one point of contention among many regarding this issue:

1) Rural Alaskans regularly use the "wanton waste" allegation against urban Alaskans (often unsubstantiated) in their political/ideological campaign for hunting/fishing preference

2) Government (especially the Feds) are clearly on their side with this preference campaign

3) Wanton waste incidents among rural residents doesn't appear to garner the same "excitement" or legal punishment from government that it does among urban residents and/or non-residents

4) The Feds appear to love to take control when it comes to many issues in Alaska, but they're extremely quiet about this so far, despite the fact that it occurred on their fragile federal lands that they're usually so protective of...........

You don't live in this state, Frank. You never lived in rural Ak. Oh yea, your wife works in Barrow once in a while.........not relavent!
    This is a big case. How it's handled is important. The subject of federal involvement is seperate, in my mind, to the overall issue. Accusing me of just adding pots to stir shows your unfamiliarity to Alaskan issues. But typical of moderator behavior on this site!

Cannery Creek Hatchery, Prince William Sound

[QUOTE] Sheesh, Mike, I see the Federal angle you are referring to, but wouldn't this fall aptly into place in your other thread?

The more pots the better, eh? [QUOTE]

Why do the mods not want to have this issue talked about, this is obviously a big deal to a lot of Alaskans. They cant seem to stomach anything the least bit contraversail. Minds you P's and Q's boys, lets just talk about where the caribou are on the Haul Road. Come On!

[QUOTE=#1duck;313911][QUOTE] Sheesh, Mike, I see the Federal angle you are referring to, but wouldn't this fall aptly into place in your other thread?

Why do the mods not want to have this issue talked about, this is obviously a big deal to a lot of Alaskans. They cant seem to stomach anything the least bit contraversail. Minds you P's and Q's boys, lets just talk about where the caribou are on the Haul Road. Come On!
    Agreed. Let's talk about parking access at Chicken for the upcoming 40-mile hunt this year.

Default P's, Q's....*sigh*

[quote=#1duck;313911][quote] Sheesh, Mike, I see the Federal angle you are referring to, but wouldn't this fall aptly into place in your other thread?

Hogwash, Duck--and Matt.
    This subject is absolutely fair game. Your "mod" conspiracy is imagined. I'm as mad as anyone about what happened and the perps should pay bigtime.
    If the Feds look the other way? Then shame on them and they are fair game too--in accordance with forum rules~!
    My point was to advocate continuing this line of posting in the original (remaining) Caribou killings thread.

Cannery Creek Hatchery, Prince William Sound

"the more pots the better"

This remark seems to me, and I dont think I'm alone here,that you think that martentrapper is just trying to cause problems. I dont see it like that. I see this as a valid issue that needs to be discussed. Why shouldnt it have its own thread?

Cuz, its not PC and this is a very PC site. I dont agree with it but its true. Dont hurt anybodies feelings with the truth.

lacey act is,,illegally game taken out of state after the fact,i dont think any of these caribou left the state>>>>>[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by #1duck View Post
    "the more pots the better"

This remark seems to me, and I dont think I'm alone here,that you think that martentrapper is just trying to cause problems. I dont see it like that. I see this as a valid issue that needs to be discussed. Why shouldnt it have its own thread?
    That's funny.
    So far most of these posts are directed at me or the moderators here. There is very little here relative to Trap's original posting.
    It's the not first time that I (or others) have chided Trap about "stirring the pot". He's a big boy, he can take care of himself without the #1Duck.

C'mon guys. Isn't there a hunt sometime in your future to pack or plan for?

Mark

.......C'mon guys. Isn't there a hunt sometime in your future to pack or plan for?
    "Move along folks................nothing to discuss here................."

Sheesh, Mike, I see the Federal angle you are referring to, but wouldn't this fall aptly into place in your other thread?

No, Frank, this thread couldn't have been incorporated into the other thread. Don't you have a hunt to plan for instead of criticizing me?
    Since your having trouble understanding the issue here, let me clear your foggy non-res brain.

If 5 guys from Anchortown had flown into this area and left just a few unsalavaged carcasses.........both the feds and the state would have been all over it. There wouldn't have been any agreement to "keep it quiet". In fact, there probably would have been stiff competition between the 2 to get the most busts, charges, etc. Airplanes would have been confiscated. Large fines levied, etc. etc.
    Instead we have 5 or more ruralites who have very likely committed one of the most EXTREME cases of wildlife abuse this state has seen. What do we get? Think any Honda's will be confiscated? Any guns? How much in fines will be levied? The feds aren't even helping with the investigation. Some of these animals are possibly within the boundaries of the Alaska Maritime NWR, Frank. Where's USF&WS enforcement? Where are the press releases the govt lawdogs are so fond of?
    I don't expect you to understand all that goes on out here, Frank...........or even care. I do expect you, since your a mod, to respect the opinions of the more informed members of this forum. If you want to take verbal swings at the members...............drop the mod title!

Default So True

If you look at the Channel 2 news website from last night they ran a story about the troopers beeing stumped as nobody in the villages wants to really talk to them.

This baffles me. Why wouldn't the feds be involved and why wouldn't the people in the villages want their own bad apples hammered.

It's sickening how this will get swept under the carpet.

I could be wrong but the tundra boys got way more attention than this.

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    No, Frank, this thread couldn't have been incorporated into the other thread. Don't you have a hunt to plan for instead of criticizing me?
    Since your having trouble understanding the issue here, let me clear your foggy non-res brain.

If 5 guys from Anchortown had flown into this area and left just a few unsalavaged carcasses.........both the feds and the state would have been all over it. There wouldn't have been any agreement to "keep it quiet". In fact, there probably would have been stiff competition between the 2 to get the most busts, charges, etc. Airplanes would have been confiscated. Large fines levied, etc. etc.
    Instead we have 5 or more ruralites who have very likely committed one of the most EXTREME cases of wildlife abuse this state has seen. What do we get? Think any Honda's will be confiscated? Any guns? How much in fines will be levied? The feds aren't even helping with the investigation. Some of these animals are possibly within the boundaries of the Alaska Maritime NWR, Frank. Where's USF&WS enforcement? Where are the press releases the govt lawdogs are so fond of?
    I don't expect you to understand all that goes on out here, Frank...........or even care. I do expect you, since your a mod, to respect the opinions of the more informed members of this forum. If you want to take verbal swings at the members...............drop the mod title!
    Good morning, Mike.

Hey, a couple of things...first of all, I agree that these are all important topics--um...didn't I say that before?

Secondly, I care.

Thirdly, My chiding was based on your posting with the caribou killing debacle. Here's a peek at it....

The purpose of this thread is to keep this issue in the forefront on this forum. If others use it to stir the pot.............goodness, I've never done that............so be it. Like I said, this is an extremely relavent issue to this state.

I respect opinions here, and I think you know that. I just try to keep things from getting out of hand. Per your post, you seem to care a bit less about that issue.

Concerning my hunt....When I get a few minutes away from this forum, I'll go get some bow practice in for that big elk.

By the way, I've been to many of the villages in Alaska--Yukon Delta region, Kuskokwim region, and others; give me just a bit of credit. One of the highlights of my years in Alaska was a weekend trip and potlatch at old Minto. That's as real as it gets.
    Bottom line: you know NOTHING of my personal bush experience. You presume to know and spout on a public forum what you think you know.

Have a good one up there in Nome.

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post

Your right. They'll put the 5 native punks in jail for 2 years and let em go. It'll be all over like nothing ever happened.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

martintrapper--Stay your course on this subject, because you are right. I voiced my opinion and got repromands and points for voicing my thoughts from the moderators. My only question is--who sets the mods up as answer men. The 2nd amendment comes into play here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast