Thread: Transfer ownership of a gun

Question Transfer ownership of a gun

Hi,

How do I legally transfer ownership of a gun to my husband? He has already paid me for the gun and will be joining the military, so i want to put it in his name so it can go where he does. Thanks.

-Kimberly

Just hand it to him.

Guns are not registered to owners, and this was thoroughly covered a few threads down.

Thumbs up if there is any doubt in your mind...

You and your husband can take it to an FFL dealer and have the FFL do an FFL Form 3 Transfer. This way the gun is Registered to him and not you in the EYES of the LAW. For any reason, while your in the Military, you will not have the worry about the gun being in YOUR name in the event of anything.

I think this is the info you are looking for?

Best of Luck to you while in the Military, All my best to you; although I do not know you, I am still PROUD OF YOU and RESPECT YOU for being in the Military!!!
    God, Guns and Guts is what made America Great

Once again, guns are not registered to owners!

The only reason FFL's are used is to transfer guns across state lines between two seperate parties.

Unless he has already left to a new location, and you want to ship it to him, then you could go through an FFL. Then again, all you have to do to legally send it to him even in a different state, is mail it to him, with his name on the package as the sender and reciever of the package. You can legally mail firearms to yourself, over state lines, with no FFL needed.

Just walk up to him and hand him the gun.