Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone into a Forum Shoot?

Default Anyone into a Forum Shoot?

I had the pleasure of Big Als company last week and whilst shooting the bull, it was brought up that it might be cool to have a forum member shoot....guess the prize would be bragging rights ...Best shot of the guys on the Outdoors Forums who bothered to show up

I'm in on a Sunday in September...anyone want to set it up or join in or discuss?

I'm glad you remembered to bring this up Ken. I think it would be fun and we might all have a chance to put flesh to names. Birchwood?

A run what you brung.

Lets hear it, folks. What's your two cents?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Book me a ticket from Boise and I will be there to show you alaskans how to shoot in a heartbeat!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by idahotrophyhunter View Post
    Book me a ticket from Boise and I will be there to show you alaskans how to shoot in a heartbeat!!!!!
    Come one, come all. You can do postal targets and mail them in, you know. We can make this work.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

If we have enough bodies, I can get a machine gun or two for snorts and giggles

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Well I have yet to make my yearly pilgrimage to Birchwood, so you can tentatively count me in.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Well count me in...Let me know the rules and ranges and were to send pictures and I will represent the proud state of Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by idahotrophyhunter View Post
    Well count me in...Let me know the rules and ranges and were to send pictures and I will represent the proud state of Idaho.
    Sounds good. We will need to get some ground rules in for anyone that wants to go postal.

All rules and times to be set by the majority, and rules to be set on this open forum.

Do we need to do a pole for this, later?

Default Forum Member Shoot?

Do you need a license or can we just pick the members we want to shoot? Any quota? Sorry, I just couldnt resist.

Default I didn't make it to Camp Perry (again) this year...

Open sights? F Class for us Duffers? How 'bout a blindfold shoot and call it the 'Poke & Hope' round? I might just have to dust off "Ol' Death and Destruction" and catch a plane up!
    I been beat before, but I gotta get outta Dodge!!!

reading some of the political views on here you can definitely count me in on a Forum shoot!
    Formerly known as one who clings to guns and religion

September? That's hunting time...

Quote Originally Posted by SoldotnaDave View Post
    reading some of the political views on here you can definitely count me in on a Forum shoot!
    I think this would be a great event to view from a sfae distance

If I'm around town I'd be up for it.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Well if you guys are gonna do this thing, then you need to get on it ASAP and post what the rules are gonna be so the “wannabee bullet lobbing hacks” will at least have a chance to work on thier excuses for why they cant hit the broad side of a barn…………… of course I am already a crack shot, super duper sharp shooter, and will use that valuable time to work on my victory dance and condescending speech designed to brow beat and belittle my inferior fellow shooters
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    …… of course I am already a crack shot, super duper sharp shooter, and will use that valuable time to work on my victory dance and condescending speech designed to brow beat and belittle my inferior fellow shooters
    And what is your secret, sir?

Cast boolits no doubt.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I'd be up for a Sunday later in Sept. Don't know if I would be much of a challenge but I'm sure I'd learn a thing or two if I paid attention and took notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewey 260 View Post
    I'd be up for a Sunday later in Sept. Don't know if I would be much of a challenge but I'm sure I'd learn a thing or two if I paid attention and took notes.
    Just don't blame me for any bad habits you pick up from me.

Lets talk about a good day for everybody, seeing as how this is the first day of August? Can we do that? Maybe it would be best if we started out with a date on a Sunday in late September and then get some feed back?

I would feel that most folks that would come out would feel best if we kept the range at 100 yards. The two to three hundred yard range tables suck, for the one or two guys that will want to use a bench instead of the elite element that wants to show us a few screamer groups off hand.

Doesn't matter to me what you shoot nor the scope you shoot, or if you want to shoot iron sights.

The match will be won or lost by group size. It can be from one to as many targets as we agree to. All groups are to be five shots. We need a scorer, I will supply to the scorer a measuring devise to measure group size. If you want a re-score for a target then there is a five dollar fee. To pay a non participant referee. No scorer will be a participant in the match.

All gear used must belong to or borrowed by the entrant (yes you can borrow from anybody that's there as long as the two parties agree.

Time on target will be five minutes, Per relay. We need to get the time worked out so the range can be scheduled for the day.

NO MUZZLE BREAKS ALLOWED! This is a covered range, and I for one would like to keep what little hearing I have left.

Any Sunday works for me, and I am good with the rules thus stated. I don’t care if we shoot from benches or hunting positions……………..just not prone! I would hate to get “high centered” on my “spare tire”……………..

Smitty…………. Lets just say that you wont need any trick high tech scoring device to measure my groups……….. an old wooden ruler will work just fine! Well……..ya better make that a yard stick just in case!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post

NO MUZZLE BREAKS ALLOWED! This is a covered range, and I for one would like to keep what little hearing I have left.
    I'll use a supressor Al so we can chat while shooting without muffs

Any Sunday in Sept is good for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast