Thread: Anyone go to Chitna this past weekend?

Default Anyone go to Chitna this past weekend?

Looking for an update from this past weekend (26-27), the phone message has not been updated since last Thursday. Thanks!

ditto!
    I'm heading over this Sat-Tuesday. Trail conditions? Fishing report? Water levels? Inquiring minds wanna know!
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

We just got back this morning (Saturday) -fished three guys 8 hours on Thursday got 8 fish. Fished two guys on Friday for 8 hours got 5 fish - the drifters on boats were doing a tad bit better - but didn't see ANYONE knocking them dead -

Default Trail/Water

Forgot to mention earlier - trail is good - water is dropping.

Just got back at 1AM this morning. My son and I caught 22, fishing from 5:30AM - 6:00PM. We went down river with Hemm. Water level came up again yesterday while we were there.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Default Thumbs up for Hem's!

I was there Sat morning also. I was one of the 2 single fisherman that went out. I might have been on trip you and your son went on, I remember you on the bank. I limited (30) by 3 PM. VERY SLOW! I kept the net in the water for the 9.5 hours minus maybe 15 min or so when I would bring a fish in or get something to drink. Seemed a bit different this year but then again I have never fished the spot the dropped me of at before. Also, these fish seemed a lot bigger than I have got there in the past. I usually go earlier in the year so maybe that's why. I KNOW I missed more than caught. My advice for anyone still sitting on the fence not sure if its worth it is to just go and do it. Keep in mind you will need to put in a good hard day in but it will pay off. Secondly, I have gone out with Hem's for about 7 seasons now, those guys know what they are talking about. Put the net in EXACALY where they tell you and don't move around. I cant stress that enough. Any one wanting to know more or any particulars please PM me or email and Ill be glad to pass on anything more I know.

Lastly I want to publicly thank Hem's. They have ALWAYS hooked me up and every year I go down it seems like they are always improving what they can. Very friendly people always willing to help, set you up for success and help out in any way they can.

Yep, I know who you are. Glad to hear you did well. We did as instructed by Hemm and fished non-stop all day. The charter down river was my son's birthday gift and we had a great time. He now lives in Fairbanks so we don't get to spend much time together. The quality time was well worth the trip. Hey, "Next Year" we'll get 'em!
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

We got there Saturday Afternoon and went down to check it out, and in 2 hours got 4 fish. After someone told us they got 4 fish in 10 hours, and one fish in the 8 hours before that it was a good sign. Got up at 6am and was on the river by 7:30 Sunday (ATV) and in the course of the day ended up with 80 fish with 3 nets in the water- only one was really working well in the spot we were at. About 5pm the fish really started slugging thru- the kind of fishing where you catch fish faster that the person bonking/gilling/stringing can do his work. Even got a King that was in good shape, surprising for as late as it was.

We waited thru the closure Monday and planned on fishing Tuesday AM before we headed back but work up to rain and decided to leave instead. 21 fish a person is more than enough for us.
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

Just got back - fished Tuesday on road side and two fishing got balance of permit (21) in four hours - not redhot - but good - made for a fun day