Thread: Good Vet

Default Good Vet

Can anyone recomend me a good vet for my Vizsla pup? I am interested in a vet that knows more about pointers and gundogs than most. I guess sometimes i feel like the vet just see's my dog as another dog that comes in rather than a dog that works for me and good health is important to a good life. thanks all
    Steve

Steven, perhaps if you told us where in Alaska you are looking for a vet, that might help.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oops, thanks good call, i live in anchorage so anywhere from here to the valley would work! Ive heard good things about Dr. Brown in chugiak. thanks though!

Default Palmer Vet Clinic

I have had very good experiences with Ron Williams at the Palmer Vet Clinic. I am sure there are good ones in Anchorage though. Ron has pointing dogs himself, GSPs I believe.

Dr. Jerry Froeschle has been our vet for many years, and was great with our Lab. Wished he did pediatrics since he treated dogs like family. At Fireweed and Cordova, I think, 277-3224.

Default Interetsed in referal for Anchorage area

I would be interested in anyone that comes highly recommended as well. Just looking for a place that is more in tune with the needs of hunting dogs specifically pointers as they age then where I currently go in Anchorage.
    Feel free to PM if you would like
    Thanks

I recommend Dr. Karin Schmidt over at Southside Animal Hospital off of Huffman. 345-1905
    She's great with my brittany and you don't get stuck with all those VCA charges you find at other locations. I really hated some of those charges at the VCA clinic I used to go to.
    $3.00 for a haz mat fee; when I asked what the haz mat fee was for since it was just a quick check, I was told that was a fee for spraying down the table and wiping it down after the visit.

Default Alaska equine and small animal hospital

Dr brown works for them and is a great vet. the owners Dr joe and Julie grohse are also awsome vets. we take both our dogs there.They have done a great job with both the knee surgeries my dog has had to have. i have worked for them and have known there son for a long time. the grouhses also have labs that they work with and used to do trials with so they are very familar with hunting dogs. they are avid outdoors enthuisist themselves so i would highly recomend them.the clinic is very clean and well run. they are great people and true alaskans. they will take great care of your dog.