Thread: Seward 8/8 to 8/10

Default Seward 8/8 to 8/10

Going to be in Seward from 8/8 to 8/10 to meet a buddy from Iowa. He wants to try some fishing but is on a budget and doesn't want to do a charter. What are the options from shore or area rivers (creeks). I have heard people talk about 4th of July creek. I am looking for salmon for the freezer but anything will work. I appreciate any advise and you can PM if you want. I want him to have a good time and have a fishing memory alaska style.
    Thanks everyone,
    Tim

Default On the beach...

You might be pleasantly surprised to find that the silvers have "hit the beaches" at that time. If that is the case, look for the crowds and walk right in and join them.

It's a free for all if you are there at the right time, and your dates outwardly seem pretty darn close.

Keep asking. The locals will let you know when they are in...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Default Silvers

Silvers will be your best bet for sure. It can be good fishing there for them from what I have heard. Read up on Caine's Head. I believe there are some good areas up that way if you walk a bit. It is on Resurection Bay (in Seward). A cool place to take a hike anyway. For silvers, look at 1/2 to 7/8 ounce pink pixies on nickel bodies. Great lure and cast far.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thanks for the advice.

Any updates on my question now that is closer?

Default forum..

One thought, you may want to post this question on www.alaskaflyfish.net Lots of local knowledge there. Good luck with your trip.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.