Thread: Polaris 700 EFI wheel bearing advice

Default Polaris 700 EFI wheel bearing advice

Picked up a 700 EFI....Cheap, After going through it I noticed the rear wheel bearings need to be replaced. Looking at the schematics is showed a snap ring and the bearings. Seems pretty straight forward.
    Anyone replaced theirs and have any advice?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Picked up a 700 EFI....Cheap, After going through it I noticed the rear wheel bearings need to be replaced. Looking at the schematics is showed a snap ring and the bearings. Seems pretty straight forward.
    Anyone replaced theirs and have any advice?

Thanks
    Pull the snap ring, slightly warm the axle houseing (to swell it) the use a slide hammer puller to pop the bearings out. Clean the houseing, use a bearing/seal driver to drive the new bearings in, install the snap ring and you are done! If they look like they need to be changed, then by all means, CHANGE THEM! Easier at home then in the field.

Thanks AKDSLDOG, Sound easy enough, but the tools are more the problem. Will they have them at the auto parts store for rent or maybe the dealership?

Also by meaning they have to be changed.... I am pretty sure, since I pulled off the hub with the wheel and the ball bearings fell on the floor...Just my luck