Thread: Looking for a new lab puppy

Default Looking for a new lab puppy

Any duck hunters out in the anchorage area have a lab puppy they want to get rid of. I need to get me a new duck dog. My dog aussie is 12 and was retired. I would like find a dog that loves to play fetch and always has something in thier mouth. Well you fellow duck hunters know what we look for in a puppy.

I figured you were more of a puddle type j/k I hope you can find one cause who knows if my is gonna bring back the ducks.

If not we could always train a cat to do it.

Default How about a chessie

I know of a great Chessie litter on the ground right now. It was a litter of 11 and Last I heard they had about 4 left. Strong blood lines. I regularly train with the grandsire and granddam and know the sire and dam are hunted and compete in Hunt Tests and Field Trials. These pups should make great Alaksan Duck Dogs.

let me know if your interested.

Try contacting Last Frontier Labs. They're out of the North Pole and regularly breed yellow labs that are field trial and hunting dogs. They seemed like really nice people on the phone. That's where I'll be getting my pup from next year when I get up to Cordova.

Yes, I believe Last frontier labs do have 2 yellow males ready for a home right now. You can check them out at www.lastfrontierlabs.com. Those pups are looking pretty pretty good, I saw them the first week in august.

I checked that website and it said they have no puppies left. I am not too interested in a chessie. I got my heart set on a lab. Thanks for the suggestion though. I will try to give lastfrontierlabs a call. If anybody else knows of any puppies that need a good hunting partner, please let me know.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

If you didn't mind waiting you could look at what these folks have. They were the owners of Drake the DU Mascot. Their dogs are on the British Lab breed and are very good dogs. I receive their monthly training newsletter by e-mail.http://www.uklabs.com/index2.html

My wife said Wetland Kennels from the valley has a puppy or two left.

Default Labs Uklabs.com

I highly recommend UKlabs.com as well. We are on our second Lab from them and they are OUTSTANDING dogs.
    M.

Thumbs up Last Frontier Labs

Yeah, I checked their page as well and noticed the No Puppies thing. They do still have an ad listed on the Fairbanks Retriever Club website though (www.fairbanksretrieverclub.org/classifieds.html). The last two puppies are a few months old now, and they might be getting a little attached to them (lol). But if your interested you should give Sherri a call. She just loves talking dogs so it wouldn't be a wasted call by any means.

Give me a call i have a dog that we might be able to work out somthing with.
    907-957-1213

Drew