Thread: Best Flies/Lure for Delta CW Silvers

Cool Best Flies/Lure for Delta CW Silvers

Yup, been here nearly 16 years and never fished DCW for Coho. OK, stop hitting me....MOMMY!!!! So, what's the "go-to" fly/lure. I'm figuring egg sucking leech or green blade vibrax spinner. Do eggs work there (if legal)? Guess the peak is about end of Sept/beginning of October, right??

Thx
    Gary

NO bait allowed in Clearwater.

purple esl has always workd for me, also any #5 or #6 in-line spinner

I have caught silvers has early as 1st week of September and as late as November. I believe the peak is in begining of October through mid month.

TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    NO bait allowed in Clearwater.

purple esl has always workd for me, also any #5 or #6 in-line spinner

I have caught silvers has early as 1st week of September and as late as November. I believe the peak is in begining of October through mid month.

TSS
    Thanks again.. Hey Jedi (eric?) I see you in your Jeep around N.P. all the time, keep meaning to say hi. I drive the Slate Blue H3 with FISHN licence plates. Anyway, thx for the input and the faith/hope that fishing season (around here) can go past October without drilling holes...lol

Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    Thanks again.. Hey Jedi (eric?) I see you in your Jeep around N.P. all the time, keep meaning to say hi. I drive the Slate Blue H3 with FISHN licence plates. Anyway, thx for the input and the faith/hope that fishing season (around here) can go past October without drilling holes...lol
    FishnMan,

Yes still plenty of fishing til ice over...maybe see you at Clearwater in Septemeber, or lets plan a trip and share the gas cost! Either way will give a wave if I see you.

AsI recall we still need to throw some horse shoes? When are you ready?

TSS
    (Dennis)

Default Only if

Only if you promise I don't have to dress like Peter Criss. My tights don't fit anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    Only if you promise I don't have to dress like Peter Criss. My tights don't fit anymore!
    No worries, are you going fishing this weekend, I am heading South to the Valley

TSS

Talking Actually.. that is the plan

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    No worries, are you going fishing this weekend, I am heading South to the Valley

TSS
    Hoping to pull the camper and take the wife, or is that pull the wife and take the camper??...down to Willow. Staying at campground by the mouth. Great time of year down there with silvers, chums, pinks, bows, and grayling all in the mix. Maybe I'll see ya there...just follow the smell of swisher sweet cigars to the guy that looks like the offspring of Tom Sellick and mama cass.

Purple or turquoise tinsel streamer flies with gold or silver bodies and bead chain eyes tied on a 6/0 hook work very well on the Delta Clearwater.

Purple works the best. On darker days you can use the same pattern in silver or gold.

Purple flashabou works okay too.

You'll also want to wrap them with a little lead wire to get them down to the fish.
    Now what ?