Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wirehaired Pointing Griffons coming...

Default Wirehaired Pointing Griffons coming...

Well, our b*tch Maggie recently finished her heat and our male, Alf likely did his due diligence.
    We should have griffon pups in early Fall.

Normally I wouldn't post so soon, but we've had so much interest from forum members about our dogs and about this great versatile breed this year, I figured a "heads up" was in order.

Drop me a line if there is continued interest...Our pups never last long.

Frank

Pic of our dogs chilling at our place....
    Last edited by fullkurl; 09-04-2009 at 16:39.

Two of the expected pups are spoken for.
    Contact me to reserve one or if you have questions about the breed.

Here's a pic of one of our pups "Scooby" (with his owner) from our last litter.
    Scooby earned his Junior Hunter title in just 16 months.

Frank
    Last edited by fullkurl; 12-28-2008 at 16:46.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

okay i have no idea what these guys are... but i have a english springer that WILL NOT look at birds, WILL chase rocks and hates loud noises...... i was considering buying a started english setter.... because i obvioulsy can't train one myself... i wish to have a bird dog and hutnig partner not another house only pet... give me some ideas here and maybe we can talk...

Vince,

If I were a bird dog person, I'd have a WHPG in a heartbeat!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default A few facts...

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    okay i have no idea what these guys are... but i have a english springer that WILL NOT look at birds, WILL chase rocks and hates loud noises...... i was considering buying a started english setter.... because i obvioulsy can't train one myself... i wish to have a bird dog and hutnig partner not another house only pet... give me some ideas here and maybe we can talk...
    Vince,
    Griffs are relatively rare, and those who have them love their commitment and versatility afield and laid back demeanor with the family.
    When you hit the grouse scent or flyway, they are all business.
    Griffs have webbed feet and a double coat for heavy duty water work (in the duck blind) and they maintain a solid point, with a dedicated retieve and soft mouth in the upland setting.

I know I spout about the breed. But we are really sold on them and really enjoy sharing all we can.
    We have rare breedings and pups go quickly, but I wish more went to Alaska. The setting there is perfect for them.

Do some research and you will be impressed.

Here's a link for some more info...

http://www.awpga.com/faqs.htm

Btw...Here's a pic of Montana Patches (with her owner) also one of our past pups...This dog was the runt of ten in the litter and still has a ton of hunt and heart. Even as a young dog this gal would wrestle crippled honkers into submission with solid field and water retrieves. This owner is so happy with her he is taking one of the two upcoming pups I alluded to earlier.
    His next griff pup will be a companion to hunt with Patches.

Let me know if you have continued interest.

Frank
    Last edited by fullkurl; 09-04-2009 at 16:39.

Here is another good link to read as well,

http://www.akc.org/breeds/wirehaired...ffon/index.cfm
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

thanks for the vote Deb. S

frank my ears are perking.. whats the deal on the pups?

what does it take to get them started. we have a club here but a small one Jerry rasies german short hair.. and keeps touting me to stick with the springer...

OH i ONLY like male dogs...

.i will be doing some learning..

how are they with kids... remeber it is 40-60 below here in the winter i will not kennal any dog they all live in doors with the family.

yup interested

Red face

H.

to late for me to fix (no i dont expect anyone else to under stand but i fubar-ed ) sorry

Default PM'd you...

Vince, I sent you a PM with more details...

Okay, last set of pics...
    (This is "Fairbanks"--yep, named for his birthplace. He shipped to Ontario, Canada)

This dog is classic griff and a real beauty.
    Last edited by fullkurl; 04-09-2009 at 07:45.

Talking

I think she 's hooked frank thanks for taking the time..to talk to her.. obviously she is the thiinker in the family..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

CONGRATS Vince...you be sure to share photos! By the way, where is that big old black monster at? I'd like a shot at him! (your photo)

Your welcome Frank, I'll send ya a plug anytime LOL

LOL i thought folks wuld like the photo... and honestly i let him walk...... watched him 45 min or so. had all my gear with me. and just didnt feel like skinning ANOTHER bear that month. and he;s closer to you then me BTW.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

'Twas a pleasure to talk with the "thinker" of the family, Vince <grin>.
    Your wife has done her homework.

Looking forward to pups in about two-and-a-half weeks!

Frank

By the way...that furball would have my arrow in 'im, more skinning or not!

Well, you know how to reach me, I'd love to get my second black bear! On the top of my list is a nice brownie though.....

Hey, good luck with the winter potty training! LOL! Glad its you and not me!

All kidding aside, I can't wait to see photos! Are you going for a boy or girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    LOL i thought folks wuld like the photo... and honestly i let him walk...... watched him 45 min or so. had all my gear with me. and just didnt feel like skinning ANOTHER bear that month. and he;s closer to you then me BTW.

well i already have 4 daughters the boy and i need more male support around the house.. besides when they get loose i dont have to try and collect child support..............I am looking foward to one of franks pups. we have been reading a lot on them. and they appear to be nice dogs for the family, and me

meet on face book here

You'll have a ball with him! Like I said before if I could keep one busy I would be getting one myself. but right now our home is full of bullies. One day though when everyone has passed on, we'll be looking for our "old lady" breed.

Default fullkurl check your p.m. Thanks.

P.M. sent.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

hey frank check pm and call me

thanks
    Vince

meet on face book here

were's the new puppy photos Frank?

meet on face book here

Well, guys, sometimes the best laid plans go awry.
    We expected a big litter whelped this breeding, the two other litters we've had in the last six years produced ten pups each.
    This litter resulted in one female pup.
    It's the talk of the neighborhood, we all had a pool of bets on 8, 10, 12 etc. pups.
    To feel our Maggie's belly a week ago felt like a bag of snakes moving in there.
    But, alas, not the case. Mother nature had the final say.

To those who were seriously wanting a pup, again, many apologies, maybe next time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast