Thread: Haul RD fourwheeler ?

Default Haul RD fourwheeler ?

Is it leage to ride a fourwheeler on the haul Rd while spoting for caribou?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwhite View Post
    Is it leage to ride a fourwheeler on the haul Rd while spoting for caribou?
    I'd say no. The ATV isn't a licensed, legal road vehicle.

Call D.O.T. and ask them....
    Last edited by fullkurl; 07-28-2008 at 11:10.

I would think your ok, I have seen people ride dirtbikes to Deadhorse. I would check though.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

licensed highway vehicles only. You'll have to have plates, registration and the whole nine, or you could get cited for it. I doubt you would get in trouble, but the possibility is there. If you drive it even so much as an inch off the road and get caught, then you're looking at some more serious issues.

I can't say for sure yay or nay but I wouldn't haul a fourwheeler all the way up there to have to leave it behind to chase caribou. If you are towing it you can almost bet that you will shred a tire or 2 on the way up and back. I know people ride 4 wheelers on the Denali highway but they don't get near the truck traffic that the Dalton gets. I'd leave it if it were me.

you're not likely to get it, but you can ask Alyeska for permission to use their right of way. There is a form to complete and they usually say no to anything but a horizontal crossing of the ROW, but you never know...

Default Right-of-way

The right-of-way is covered in the five mile rule for no vehicles. No way! You are really going to get fined then.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Public travel on the right of way is generally governed by land status. The pipeline runs across state, federal, private, and native lands. Each has it's own rules. Running the pipeline pad on ATV's and snowmachines around Fairbanks and Delta Junction is pretty common but you can't ride the ROW on the slope because that's BLM land and they restrict ORV use.

Do yourself a favor and leave the wheeler at home.

Thanks everyone!!

ATV = No-go but a Mountain Bike works great......

Of course not, what do you think this is? A free country? You must not ride your machines on the kings land, lest he take it from you. You may hunt the kings deer, but only if you're willing to walk 5 miles across the kings land from the kings road. I know a boy who received 50 whippings for riding his machine down an established trail under a powerline because it was in the kings wildlife refuge. You should just give your machine to the king now, or burn it so that it does not get you whippings.

ATV's are not street legal, but some folks still take the chance and do it. Even in your neighborhood, dirt road or not, it's illegal to ride an ATV that has not plates, turn signals, etc. Most times the police doesn't enforce the law, but sometimes they do. A friend of mine's grand daughter got a ticket for riding his ATV on a gravel street by their home last year, so I called the cops to inquire about the law, and was told the details about it.

I would call the Coldfoot Trooper and ask him 678-5211 but that is just my opinion. I have heard of people having their ATV's taken for misuse and the haul road is a touchy area.

Last I heard it is a $300.00 fine, driving an ATV or Snowmachine on the highway.
    Gun Control means hitting your target.
    "Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"