Thread: How long to Hope?

Default How long to Hope?

How far off the highway is Hope. I will be going to Cooper Landing later this week and I am thinking of taking a side trip to Hope for the kids. Just wondering how long it takes to get there from the turn off the highway.
    Thanks-

It is 17.8 miles off the Seward Highway (about 30 minutes of paved road). Good luck! We'll be there next Sunday and Thursday (making a stop on our way to Homer and again on our return trip north to Anchorage). My 12 year old son can't wait to get there (nor can the older folks).

Default pinks..

The Resurrection River is supposed to have some good fishing for pinks. You may want to check into that before going, if not already.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    The Resurrection River is supposed to have some good fishing for pinks. You may want to check into that before going, if not already.
    Much less crowded on weekdays. The pinks come in pretty thick when the tide starts coming in. We've always got limits pretty easy using those cheap Russian River flies that Walmart sells for 3 for 75 cents with a split shot up the line a foot or so. They're fun little fish. I think you're allowed to take 3 a day.