Thread: 14 days to moose season.

Default 14 days to moose season.

It seems as summer never was.

Two weeks to moose season.

I am not sure as to say I am feeling lucky but I do look forward to poking around the woods in a couple weeks.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Spring-Fall

The lack of summer makes me wonder... how will the critters react?

Will they rut a bit earlier, due to the cool temps?

I'm sure the cool, moist conditions will help cover any scents, and noises - thereby making my presence a little less obvious.

I any case, I'm looking forward to another year walking, stalking, sitting... and maybe, just maybe some meat in the freezer.

Good luck all!

Twelve more days.

Since us teachers have to be back at work on the 14th , this early season moose hunt is about all I can pull off before heading back to my classroom. I'll be out wandering the woods for at least a day or two when it opens. Not the best time for moose hunting, but a good excuse to be in the woods with bow in hand.

I see it as an opportunity to go hunting more than an opportunity to actually get a moose. I have scored twice before though so I do try.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Since us teachers have to be back at work on the 14th , this early season moose hunt is about all I can pull off before heading back to my classroom. I'll be out wandering the woods for at least a day or two when it opens. Not the best time for moose hunting, but a good excuse to be in the woods with bow in hand.
    I'm tearing up here Brian, hate to see you have to go back to work but do enjoy the little time you have left and any excuse to be in the woods is a good excuse.

Default Reeling

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I'm still reeling from that change... I miss the days when school started after Labor day.
    Although pulling the youngin out, and missing school so early in the season... what could be missed?