Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seward,a great little fishing town with a thievery problem

Default Seward,a great little fishing town with a thievery problem

My family has been fishing in Resurection bay since 1980,there have been countless memories made with new ones every year.But this last saturday the 26th while me and my wife were sleeping in our camper,thieves stole all our fishing gear from inside our boat while it was hooked to the truck, we didnt hear a thing,these thieves are very good and have done this before,cause my gear could not be seen unless you were in the boat.7 rods and reels with 1 large tackle box set up for salmon. This will not be able to be replaced this year. So everyone be very very careful in seward,by the way we were at the city campground at the end of nash road. Breaking into campers/moterhomes will be next. This was a very sad day for me and my wife.

Default Justice

Maye this country needs to start cutting the hands off of punks who think they can help themselves to our hard-earned property. You steal, you lose a hand. Simple...watch crime rate drop!! Had I caught someone doing that, they'd be looking down a 12 guage barrel begging me to call the cops...and not spray em. Sorry to hear about that, I always try to break my rods down and put them in the vehicle while i sleep.

Once i had someone stealing my newspapers from outside my apartment door, was always the Sunday paper. So I made trap. Attached fishing line to the paper and ran it under the door up to the door knob connected to a bell (like a bear bell). Like clockwork, come Sunday morning...ding-ding-ding.. You should have seen the look on that punks face as I chased him down the hall to his apartment. He ran inside, and I pounded on that door...his mom answered and I read her the riot act!! Not so sure what she said to him, she probobly had him do it! ### holes Anyway..my paper was never touched again!!

try tying a bell to your gear, you might be surprised

Better yet an electric bear fence!!!!!

I've had the same thing happen at Deep Creek and Homer. Deep Creek they siphoned all the fuel out of my boat. Mind you this was 14 years ago when fuel was much cheaper. Had 7 or so rods and a tackle box stolen while I slept on the boat. I don't leave anything out any more. It gets locked up. At least now I'll make them work for it.

Default Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear that, it is usually kids in Seward. I have had the keys in my trucks ignition for the last 15 years in Seward. Never even thought about locking my truck or house. I do however lock my boat up tight every night. This kind of thing has happened before.

The good news is it is a small town and what ever group of degenerates is stealing stuff almost always get caught.

Again sorry to hear about that. I will have my son ask around about it.

Default I Hate Thieves!

I think we aught to start doing public cane lashings after the bloody stump from their newly missing hand heals. !

Default Amen to all the above!

Of course then you'd have the ACLU, "give peace a chance" critters, and Democrats all on your case, plus the thieves or perps would take you to court because they cut or hurt themselves falling off your boat while their hands were full of YOUR stuff, etc. etc. etc.
    Jim
    PETA fits in the above too, except I've heard the Alaskan PETA stands for:

People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

Quote Originally Posted by mntransplant View Post
    I think we aught to start doing public cane lashings after the bloody stump from their newly missing hand heals. !
    I'm sure you guys would love it in Saudi Arabia. I hear the middle east is great for "guilty 'til proven innocent" public beheadings and limb amputations.

Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    Maye this country needs to start cutting the hands off of punks who think they can help themselves to our hard-earned property.
    Only problem is, that'd qualify them for a social security disability.

Default Think that is bad...try the Fish Processors in Sitka

They swapped all of our nice big slabbies for tail pieces. Then, shorted us 40% to boot.

Use a small mom and pop shop if you can. The big ones that sell fish commercially steal the choice fillets and leave you with the scraps on the ground!!

Default Last year in Seward

I had my favorite rod lifted from my boat while we slept, and it was on the Air Force campgrounds. There is a lot of foot traffic through there because it's right by Safeway though. Now I always put the full canvas tarp over the boat. Lesson learned.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Default Question to ask.

While you have the dirt bags at gun point, ask the important question. "Did you tell anyone you were going to break into my house tonight?". Then have them step onto the blue tarp.

Sorry to hear, happens more then you think and it's not just Seward. Homer's no different. We had a large cooler stolen that was full of our food for the week, moose, caribou, elk and bison. I'm sure it ended up in the ditch somewhere after the "kids" figured out it wasn't beer/booze. We have done this trick ever since........

Keep a six pack of beer bottles and the carton, when "mother nature calls" fill the bottles back up and snap the caps back on. Set the refilled six pack on top of the cooler, picnic table or just out in the open, trust me, it won't be there in the morning! We do this every time we go now and it never gets old. Just to wake up in the morning and peak out the window to see it gone, we laugh all morning long.

Might as well try to keep the honest people honest.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post

Keep a six pack of beer bottles and the carton, when "mother nature calls" fill the bottles back up and snap the caps back on. Set the refilled six pack on top of the cooler, picnic table or just out in the open, trust me, it won't be there in the morning! We do this every time we go now and it never gets old. Just to wake up in the morning and peak out the window to see it gone, we laugh all morning long.

CLASSIC!! That is too funny. But, I might have a hard time accomplishing this is my husband wasn't around

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    CLASSIC!! That is too funny. But, I might have a hard time accomplishing this is my husband wasn't around
    Think grasshopper think! Think funnel!

Were there's a will, there's a way.

a few years (3-4) back we had a family camping clamming trip to deep creek all the family and kids were there. well during the night someone decided they like my uncles four wheeler. we had like 8 of em all parked next to each other. not only that but they also took "all" the kids juices from our coolers, not the beer...the juices. now when we go we take a covered trailer with locks and all the chains come out before we go to sleep.

now a days, "everything" has to be locked up and put away.

p.s. luckily the wheeler was insured and was replaced.

I attach bells to any gear I have to leave unlocked while camping. Clip them to tarps or to fishing gear.

Been more than once I have been woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of bells in camp.

And I thought Seward was a Quaint little drinking town with a fishing problem???

That really sucks your stuff got taken! I hope that by some miraculous way you get it back!
    If you don't get'em back, PM me and I will "give" you a couple butt rods. I have a couple Diawa Sealines and I never use them. nothing fancy.. they will catch fish!! And they aren't pieces of **** either!!

Good LUCK!

'snatcher

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    Think grasshopper think! Think funnel!

Were there's a will, there's a way.
    YEP, They sell em at Cabelas just for that purpose.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...097&hasJS=true

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    YEP, They sell em at Cabelas just for that purpose.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...097&hasJS=true

Now thats some funny SH**.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast