Thread: snow camo

Default snow camo

how many of you all? That go up north actually wear the snow camo up on the haul road how much will it help during sep-oct hunt.

Thanks in advance

Default Take it

I always take mine. I've used it a few times in mid September to mid October and most of the time from mid October until I'm done for the year. Remember snow camo is sometimes needed just because of the heavy frost on the tundra that burns off by noon.

I Also Bring It Even In August And Have Used It Pretty Regularly. Odd Sometimes Look South And You Need It Look North And You Don't.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Which kind?

I drew a DM427 and I have been looking at different patterns on-line and at Sportsmans warehouse here in Anchorage. Which kind of snow camo do you think is the best for the $$, Kings outdoors or natural gear?

You must take a look at Stick-N-Limbs. You can find it at www.bowhuntingstore.com I bought mine this past spring nd absolutely love it. You can get it line or unlined. You can read up on it at, www.sticknlimbs.com
    Tell Timm that Mike in Sterling sent you

not familiar with patternsmentioned
    i have an old set of Cabelas worsilon (sp) winter camo i think is the best
    also have older browning hydrofleece that is also very good patteren doubt either are still made. may check good old Ebay
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Smile Try a Tyvek suit and...

a Sharpie marker. Make your own pattern! You can make yourself look like a tree, a rock, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by emrdux View Post
    a Sharpie marker. Make your own pattern! You can make yourself look like a tree, a rock, etc.
    that was my orginal plan. I was going to get a tyvek and some spray paint and make my own "real tree" camo.

Default regarding the spray paint...

make sure if you do this that you let the suit sit for a good amount of time to get rid of the paint smell. Also, if you spray the paint on, it will probably come off in the washer; but I haven't tried this, so....
    If you go the Sharpie route, go to OfficeMax or Depot and look for the largest marker you can find. I've seen markers that are huge, like for making garage sale signs.
    I would recommend washing the suit before or after you do this to make the material softer and quieter.
    Search the archives. I remember seeing that someone did this last year and it looked awesome!
    All the best!

quack