Thread: Aloha and Thank You to the AOD Board!

Default Aloha and Thank You to the AOD Board!

Just a quick note of thanks to everyone on the board who responded to my questions about fishing in Ketchikan, My 11-yr-old son and I returned yesterday from our first Alaska fishing adventure at Yes Bay Lodge. It will not be our last!

Your state is very special and one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen...and, I have traveled all over the U.S., Asia and Micronesia.

I was told the best way to thank you is to send pictures of my son smiling with his prize fish. One should be attached to this email. Although we did not land any sizable kings, he had fun battling the silvers and chums. His largest salmon was 13.6 pounds and went off on many vigorous, line-peeling runs before being netted. He smiled for 8 straight days whether we were exploring the native cultures in Ketchikan or battling another halibut.

Thank you all for your kind words and your patience dealing wiht yet another newbie asking so many questions. You all welcomed us before we even stepped on the plane. Tight Lines to all of you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default yes bay lodge

we going in Aug to this lodge. Its a guy trip and we're all looking forward to it. Beside the salt water, did you fish the wolverine creek or mcdonald lake? I would like to fresh water fish for trout either fly or spin cast. What was the experience with the creek next to the lodge?

Thank you and I'm glad you had a great time. God bless.

Glad you had a great trip and enjoyed sunny Ketchikan.

Quote Originally Posted by joerocco View Post
    we going in Aug to this lodge. Its a guy trip and we're all looking forward to it. Beside the salt water, did you fish the wolverine creek or mcdonald lake? I would like to fresh water fish for trout either fly or spin cast. What was the experience with the creek next to the lodge?

Thank you and I'm glad you had a great time. God bless.
    We stuck to the salt as the fish were biting there and due to recent heavy rains, Wolverine was flowing pretty good. The guides can put you on some trout about a half mile from the lodge. You guys will love it. All the guides seem nice but we highly recomend Ax Man.

Have fun...