Thread: German #4 vs post recticle for bear hunting

Default German #4 vs post recticle for bear hunting

Anyone have any experience with Trijiconís Acupoint line of scopes. I was thinking of getting one as a brush gun used mainly for Kenai black bear. Basically, Iím looking for something that is capable of making a quick shot on blacks or possibly in an emergency brownís.

Basically, Iím looking at the 1.25-4X. Would you recommend the triangle on a post recticle or the German #4?

Also, would you think that an amber or red recticle would show up better against the expected background out there?

Feel free to comment on youíre recticle preference even if you donít use Trijiconís variety. If it makes any difference, it will be mounted on a Kimber Montana in .300 win mag. Not sure if the bells are too close together for mounting on a long action.

I'm a big fan of the #4 reticle although I've not used a Trijicon scope.

I do have #4s in a Loopy M8 2.5x and a Burris Safari 1.75-5x. I've used a #4 Post type in another M8 2.5x with good success.

Pretty hard to beat for fast shooting in my book.

I also like the #4 I have on my vxII 1x4 that sits on my 9.3x62.

I've had a Trijicon 3x9x40 for a number of years now and think it is a very good scope. I also have a couple of Leupold VXIII's and feel that the optical quality is better in the Trijicon. At is a very good low light scope and the target acquisition is fast. I have the amber triangle in mine and prefer it over the red.

I have to agree with the others about the #4 German reticle. I have a number of german scopes with that reticle and have been happy with them, especially in low light, quick situations.