Thread: Caswell trail

Default Caswell trail

I have noticed flying over the area several times there is a trail going up in behind caswell area into the hills. Anybody ridden that? Any tips/directions on finding the trailhead? What about conditions? Looks like a nice place to ride. Thanks for any help. Kevin

Are you talking about the Sheep Creek trail? If so PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-HUNT View Post
    I have noticed flying over the area several times there is a trail going up in behind caswell area into the hills. Anybody ridden that? Any tips/directions on finding the trailhead? What about conditions? Looks like a nice place to ride. Thanks for any help. Kevin
    It is a fairly rocky trail, but very doable. Take the road right south of Sheep Creek, bear left all the way to the end. Park there and take off to the east. There is another trail leading to the North Fork of the Kashwhitna that you might be talking about, by bearing right, you can find that trail. Good hunting on the first and good fishing on the second. Have fun.

Default North Fork

Is the north fork of kash reached from the same Sheep Creek trail?

Yes, but it is not a fun trail. At the upper end deep mud holes and no tree to wench to.

And with the weather we have had this could be the mud year to end all mud years in some of the swamps...just as bad as '06 in many areas Fun, but no fun if you're trying to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    And with the weather we have had this could be the mud year to end all mud years in some of the swamps

Thats why we have ARGOS ....
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!