Thread: Dakota 76 Action - Sorry Guys

Default Dakota 76 Action - Sorry Guys

I appreciate all who showed some interest in my Dakota action and sorry for not PMing you guys. Traded it to my best friend today for 2 pack horses, pack saddles, 1 riding saddle, and some rigging. I could not pass this up since these horses have been pack/ guide horses for close to 5 years and were selling for 1200 a piece. My only question now is how much deeper into the wilderness am I going to go and what will that translate to.

There are areas in the selway that have 350 bulls that I have never been able to access until now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by idahotrophyhunter View Post
    I appreciate all who showed some interest in my Dakota action and sorry for not PMing you guys. Traded it to my best friend today for 2 pack horses, pack saddles, 1 riding saddle, and some rigging. I could not pass this up since these horses have been pack/ guide horses for close to 5 years and were selling for 1200 a piece. My only question now is how much deeper into the wilderness am I going to go and what will that translate to.

There are areas in the selway that have 350 bulls that I have never been able to access until now!!!
    Smart trade, you'll never find better four wheel drives. The amount of game you will "ride up on" now, will stagger you.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by idahotrophyhunter View Post
    My only question now is how much deeper into the wilderness am I going to go and what will that translate to.
    Well let's see now...One good pack horse should be able to pack out a boned out elk, and another horse should be able to pack out camp and gear. How far you figure you can walk out after a good hunt?

I went backpack elk hunting once back in that Middle Fork country and there was no way a horse was going back there. It would have been real interesting had a shot a bull back there.

Another cool thing about hunting elk with horses is that I've heard some guys tell me that if you see some elk you can get off the horse and walk up close to them shielded by the horse. Then again I've heard other stories about guys spending their whole hunting trip chasing horse in the mountains

Have fun and keep us posted