Thread: private land maps

Default private land maps

Is there a website that shows private land ownership, or a specific phone number/office? Or, does everyone just use plat books?

I just want to be sure before I drive to an area to scout/hike-in.

Here we go again

There is not one good source..unfortunately. I use the DNR or Borough offices for my research depending on where I am going.

However..state law allow trespass on private property if you are undertaking in a lawful outdoor activity and the property is not posted, you have not been specifically told to stay out, and it is not obviously occupied. (that's a general off the cuff recollection, look it up yourself for safeties sake)

I'll admit to trespassing while hunting locally. It's almost impossible not to at times around here.

ripnlip, I know the Mat Su Borough has a good ownership mapping function on their website. The state DNR maps don't show as much detail but help a little.

ripnlip,

Shoot me a pm on where you are interested in hunting. I tend to do a half dozen or so maps a year for folks on here. I can probably help you out.
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." Theodore Roosevelt, 1913