Thread: Need some advice on a bow

Default Need some advice on a bow

I have an offer of a bow, just wondering if it is a good deal or not. Some input from your more knowledgeable types would be appreciated.

High Country Power Force X1 twin cam. It has a five pin fiber optic sight, matching camo overdraw rest, matching camo stabilizer, four arrow detachable quiver, dusk vision peep, string loop, braided wristsling.

Also included a mechanical release, sixteen camo arrows, field points, 6 Muzzy 3-blade broadheads, 5 mechanical broadheads. Some broadheads need resharpened, some have never been shot. Some arrows need refletched, some are good to go.

Guy wants $200 for it. Been his hunting bow till last year when he bought a new one. Appears to be in good shape and well maintained.

Good deal or should I move on?

If the bow fits you and you are comfortable shooting it. If this is your first bow, it sounds like a good starter bow.

Dude, if the bow fits you and there isn't anything wrong with it, that's a great deal. Just tallying up the cost of the arrows, broadheads, and extras would run close to $200 without the bow. Go for it!

Yes, this would be my first bow if you do not count the longbow that is half built in my dining room.

Default just my thoughts

$200 is a great deal--but if the bow isn't the correct draw length--or have the ability to be corrected to your draw length--then you won't see it as a good deal a few months down the road